cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cpu speed utilizaiton.

tugrul
Level 7
hi,
i posted with same title before but question is diffrent now. i asked b4 why my cpu clock never drop down to 0.80ghz and i
learned cuz of my power plan. Every 750 machine coming with power4gear program installed. i use this prgram like when i use machine at battery set to POWER SAVİNG MOD otherwise mean if machine plugged set to PERFORMANCE MOD.
i use my machine sometimes at my lap on the bed sometimes on the table plugged in. My problem is evrytime i have to SET
this powerplan to my CPU utilization for performance so i can play games . İs there any solution so i dont have to change everytime like the GPU utlization. For example when i use multimedia cpu goes to 0.80 ghz itself if i run game cpu goes turbo mod then i dont have to change power plan. Cuz of this self control.:cool:
7 REPLIES 7

hmscott
Level 12
tugrul wrote:
hi,
i posted with same title before but question is diffrent now. i asked b4 why my cpu clock never drop down to 0.80ghz and i
learned cuz of my power plan. Every 750 machine coming with power4gear program installed. i use this prgram like when i use machine at battery set to POWER SAVİNG MOD otherwise mean if machine plugged set to PERFORMANCE MOD.
i use my machine sometimes at my lap on the bed sometimes on the table plugged in. My problem is evrytime i have to SET
this powerplan to my CPU utilization for performance so i can play games . İs there any solution so i dont have to change everytime like the GPU utlization. For example when i use multimedia cpu goes to 0.80 ghz itself if i run game cpu goes turbo mod then i dont have to change power plan. Cuz of this self control.:cool:

What you are seeing is exactly the reason why I uninstalled Asus Power4Gear 🙂

I use the Balanced power plan most of the time, which lets the CPU idle at low speed, and then ramp up to max speed as needed. For benchmarking I use the High Performance plan.

The Windows Power plans are more than good enough, and the Power4Gear plans switching when going between battery and ac is silly - you can't get it to stay on one plan or the other.

I recently tried the newest Power4Gear install to see if anything has changed, and it is worse - it now sets itself up again as the power plan after I set a Windows power plan - on AC! This version of Power4Gear got uninstalled too 🙂

Hmm,
so i should uninstall that crap too. have one question too. İs there any diffrence on battery usage with power saver mod or performanced mod?
if so there is i have to set it everytime and i dont wana do it unless it has self control. And it doesnt have that abilty i will uninstall it. thanks

hmscott wrote:
What you are seeing is exactly the reason why I uninstalled Asus Power4Gear 🙂

I use the Balanced power plan most of the time, which lets the CPU idle at low speed, and then ramp up to max speed as needed. For benchmarking I use the High Performance plan.

The Windows Power plans are more than good enough, and the Power4Gear plans switching when going between battery and ac is silly - you can't get it to stay on one plan or the other.

I recently tried the newest Power4Gear install to see if anything has changed, and it is worse - it now sets itself up again as the power plan after I set a Windows power plan - on AC! This version of Power4Gear got uninstalled too 🙂

Hmm,
so i should uninstall that crap too. have one question too. İs there any diffrence on battery usage with power saver mod or performanced mod?
if so there is i have to set it everytime and i dont wana do it unless it has self control. And it doesnt have that abilty i will uninstall it. thanks

tugrul
Level 7
Can not see it at program and features to uinstall. Could you lead me to do.

tugrul wrote:
Can not see it at program and features to uinstall. Could you lead me to do.

How can we show you something in Programs and Features that we have already uninstalled? 🙂

You will find it in this grouping, sort by name:

hmscott wrote:
How can we show you something in Programs and Features that we have already uninstalled? 🙂

You will find it in this grouping, sort by name:

ok i managed to uninstall. Now as u said i use balance set up. TY for your cooperation. No idea why asus had this to machine. Nothng serve to it. Windows already have it.

tugrul wrote:
ok i managed to uninstall. Now as u said i use balance set up. TY for your cooperation. No idea why asus had this to machine. Nothng serve to it. Windows already have it.

tugrul View Post, when you benchmark, set the power plan to High Performance - that keeps the CPU clock high all the time - so you get the best performance results. I keep it on Balanced the rest of the time on AC. To get the most battery time, I set the power plan to Power saver...