cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gaming notebooks worth?

Samarth
Level 9
Hi,
Are the asus gaming notebooks worth the bucks?
Or can we make a better build out of the same price?
I have read many reviews on the net but I'm not satisfied.

Thank You.
CPU: AMD FX8150 at 4.6Ghz, Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z, GPU: HD 7750 at 900Mhz, RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB, Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo, Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 311 with 3 xtraflo fans, PSU: Cooler Master Thunder 500, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
2 REPLIES 2

chrsplmr
Level 18
If it is a versatile desktop replacement you 'need', then yes, yes they are.
They are the perfect 'compromise' between the two worlds in order to go 'mobile'.

But if you are asking dollar for dollar can they match a ROG desktop, how could they ?
A great deal of the 'price' has gone into the 'portable part', including a monitor, keyboard,
touchpad and that 'candy, but effective' hard shell.

Keep in mind however the price of a good crossfire or sli alone is more than one of these
ROG'n beauties and they still need to be 'plugged in' to get the most out of them.

et. Why not one of each? .c.

darkhello
Level 7
Samarth wrote:
Hi,
Are the asus gaming notebooks worth the bucks?
Or can we make a better build out of the same price?
I have read many reviews on the net but I'm not satisfied.

Thank You.

To keep it simply:

I would say that the ROG notebooks are worth the money. In comparison to other laptops, they're cheaper to buy and generally have better build quality and other various things, such as subwoofers, according to many web critics.

In terms of building a desktop, you could easily outpower a ROG notebook with the amount of money you could put into desktop. Any built desktop would.