New ROGer Array

Asus P9X79 LE - Realtek HD Audio, speakers plugged in but no sound output.

Hey guys,

Having some real trouble getting audio out of speakers at the moment. Ive installed the Realtek audio HD drivers for my Asus P9X79 LE mobo from the Asus website. I get no audio through that at all. Im using the most up to date one from the Asus website on my motherboard support.

I tried un installing the the Realtek drivers and using the windows ones, still no difference, and it still says that my speakers are not plugged in (the red arrow pointing down in the sound device mixer)

Im plugging speakers into the green,black and orange options ports on the back, ive even tried just plugging some headphones into the green socket on the back but still no audio.

I was getting options for HDMI audio from my Nvidia graphics card but ive just disabled that in device manager as i didnt want there to be any conflicts.

In my BIOS, its currently set to Azilia HD, front panel set to HD and the other option set to SPDIF
    I also previously (before christmas) had my mobo RMA'ed for a BIOS problem, but that came back without any other faults so.

Im currently running windows 7 x64, i7 processor, GTX 780. with 16gb of ram.

Ill leave a screenshot of my background of my current audio set up.

http://i39.tinypic.com/11rqctk.png

thanks so much for any help guys.

New ROGer Array

I have the exact same problem except that im using windows 8.1

If you've fixed the problem please let me know

ROG Member Array

To get sound out of your Speakers you have to on the Windows Sound panel set them to Default Device, otherwise you will not get sound out of them. After that click the Configure button, and select 5.1 speakers if they are 5.1 speakers and this will take you through setting them up for 5.1 sound.

I had to do this when setting up the Realtek ALC1150 HD codec on my Z87 Deluxe motherboard.

New ROGer Array

the speakers do not show up on the playback tab on the sound panel so i cant set them to default, the option is greyed. the only thing showing on the playback tab are the HDMI ports for my NVIDIA GPU.

New ROGer Array

I am having the same issue exactly as azizbubshait , please advise how to fix this.

New ROGer Array

I have the same issue too. Funny thing was that it was working previously but I had to re-install windows 8.1 and now it stopped working...

New ROGer Array

Turned out to be a bad sound chip, vendor replaced motherboard and working fine now ...