ROG Member Array

G75VX-BHI7N11 from Newegg

I would like to eventually upgrade from 8 GB to 32 GB RAM, any suggestions?

Also, I found this program called "WinFlash.exe" on my system… Is this supposed to help me update my Bios?

A nice little tidbit I found, I noticed when I changed my power options… Switching between power saving, balanced, and performance…
    My CPU speed would increase along with each settings, very nice… Looks like I don't have to download any extra overclocking software, do I?

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array rewben PC Specs
    rewben PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G55VW-3D
    MotherboardASROCK Z97 EXTREME 6
    ProcessorINTEL 4790K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL RIPJAWZ 2400MHZ (F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
    Graphics Card #2ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorDELL U2713HM
    Storage #1SAMSUNG SM843 480GB X2
    Storage #2WD GREEN 3TB X2
    CPU CoolerSWIFTECH H240-X
    CaseNZXT H440
    Power SupplyTHERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER XT PLATINUM 1275W
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70 RGB
    Mouse STEELSERIES KINZU V3
    Headset STEELSERIES 9H
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES QCK+
    Headset/Speakers LOGITECH Z506
    OS WINDOWS 10 PRO AU
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

at this point of time, i guess it's a better investment to get a set of 1.35V 1600MHz ram. the ram can be used in haswell laptops in case you plan to get one later.

yes, winflash is used to load the latest bios you have downloaded from asus support page to upgrade your bios. please be careful, if the current bios works without problems, it's safer NOT to upgrade. the ezflash is a better method for this purpose.

depending on the needs, we can change the power settings when needed. this allows us to save power when necessary. (for some of us, we always run the laptop at high performance profile only)

overclocking is different from this. i am not familiar with overclocking sorry, but you can get some ideas what it is about by searching in this forum.

New ROGer Array

you can find spec from asus website as http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VX/#specifications -> DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 4 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 32 GB SDRAM, also you can see your onboard memory to buy same type.
    winflash is flash bios under OS, but i suggest you user ezflash under bios to flash bios.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by KohDuh View Post
    I would like to eventually upgrade from 8 GB to 32 GB RAM, any suggestions?

Also, I found this program called "WinFlash.exe" on my system… Is this supposed to help me update my Bios?

A nice little tidbit I found, I noticed when I changed my power options… Switching between power saving, balanced, and performance…
    My CPU speed would increase along with each settings, very nice… Looks like I don't have to download any extra overclocking software, do I?
    Though others have answered your question, I'd like to give a little bit of input as well. Is there any specific reason why you want to go up to 32 GB of ram? 16 for almost all programs (except if you're deciding to CAD the world) is usually good enough...

Yes, those options are there for that reason, actually. Swapping between the modes will limit performance of the ENTIRE machine (graphics card and hard drive included!) but the most noticable (without other softwares) is your CPU performance.

You technically CAN'T overclock a mobile CPU due to the fact that it's mobile and locked down due to the BIOS, but you can install software that will keep your mobile chip running at a certain clock despite how hot it might get. (Pro tip: if your computer gets to ~85C, it WILL throttle your CPU. If you don't notice the throttling, your system didn't need the extra clock anyways).

Though for the majority of people, the power options are good enough :]