Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM Problem | Asus Maximus V Formula | Error 55 | G.Skill F3-2400C10 16GTX

jch77
Level 7
Hi,

I tried really hard to solve this following problem:

I have a 16 GB RAM from G.Skill (F3-2400C10D-16GTX). I get Error 55 when I put both (2x8GB) in Channel a1+a2 or b1+b2.

They only work in a2+b2 at 933MHz, but they have to run at 1.200MHZ (dual channel = 2.400 MHz, right?).

It makes me very sad by paying more than 600 EURO for three Items (Motherboard, RAM and Intel i73770k) and not running on suggested power.

I changed board and CPU and I tried to find any other help in the internet - no luck!

Anyone a clue?

J
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
DDR means double data rate, not dual 🙂

To enable the full frequency of the memory select XMP profile as your mode of overclock in the bios.

I wonder if your CPU cooler has been unevenly tightened and is causing the error 55. Please reseat the cooler.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
DDR means double data rate, not dual 🙂

To enable the full frequency of the memory select XMP profile as your mode of overclock in the bios.

I wonder if your CPU cooler has been unevenly tightened and is causing the error 55. Please reseat the cooler.

OK. I mean Dual-Channel-Mode on Asus Board.

I changed the board and CPU and was very careful with the cooler (watercooler). I don't really doubt that it's too tight. I tried to use XMP profile as well - no success. The board only boots without Error 55 when RAM is in bank A2 and B2 (no dual channel)...

Strange...

Any other idea?

HiVizMan
Level 40
To recap.

You changed the CPU and motherboard? Are you saying you have used two different motherboards, and two different CPUs and you have the same issue with only one set of memory slots working?

Please remove your CPU and inspect the socket for misaligned pins. Then carefully fit the CPU and the cooler once more.

Now follow the guide in my sig and run Memtest86+ Please do follow the steps in the guide.

What I could suggest is that your use one stick of memory and select XMP profile as your mode of OC F10 and enter to save and boot to OS with one stick. Open CPUz and look at the memory tab, if it shows 1200MHz then you are set up correctly. Double data rate, so 1200x 2 for your actual memory frequency.

Now power down and add the other stick.

Power on and go into OS you should be good to go.

If you get the 55 error. Swap the stick of memory to another slot and try again.

But please do use the Memtest86+ guide first.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hi there,

I`m an experienced custom pc builder and I`ve recently encountered this error 55 with the maximus v formula.

My memory is the 2133 mhz old red/black style 4x4gb GT Dominator RAM. I reseated mine and it was gone but I think u`ve encountered the bad side of the lottery when buying RAM for mobos.
U may well have to change your RAM. My former mobo was the Gigabyte Z77-UP7. SUblime in many ways but absolutely hated my dominator RAm and would blue screen me at least 2-3 times a week, to the point where I have now bought a maximus v formula and things couldnt be happier.

As a rule of thumb: Gigabyte mobo/Kingston RAM combo is fine as is:

Asus/ Corsair Dominator series

czeslaw
Level 7
I have the same ram and mobo and everything is ok.
I'm using XMP profile 2 -> 2399mhz
M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter

Description and comments for Asus Q-Code 55 on: http://www.asusqcodes.com/index.php?inputCode=55