Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

How did you flash the bios in the first place mate?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mike Kelly's Avatar

I re did the bios once again. Nothing has changed... it goes back to stock 350 instead of 442

I re installed the new bios a second time, and the bios is still not saving anything.

1. Download the 1203 BIOS from Asus website.
    2. Format a USB pendrive to FAT32.
    3. Extract the BIOS file and rename the file to M6F.CAP.
    4. Put the BIOS file on your USB pendrive.
    5. Connect the USB pendrive to the the USB port that's right below the USB BIOS Flashback button.
    6. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button for three seconds until the LED begins to blink, then release.
    7. Wait until the LED stops blinking.
    8. Power on your system.
    9. Enter the BIOS, F5 to load the optimized defaults, save and shutdown.
    10. Clear your CMOS.
    11. Enter BIOS again.
    12. Set the multiplier to 44 just to test. Don't touch anything else.
    13. Save and restart.
    14. Go into your BIOS again.

Do you see the Target CPU Turbo-Mode Speed set to 4400MHz now?

I did not try this................ using the flashback button. I will give this a try !!!!

To many threads mate. I am going to consolidate them. This is nuts 3 threads at the same time.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

OK have merged threads three threads at once is a bit crazy mate. I am repeating myself over and over again and loosing track on what we have done.

Do the bios flash back method as described and let us know how it goes.

The port right under the flashback ROG buttoon was actually to the left, and says ROG so that is
    the one I used.....and it worked.

Instead of using the manual mode to change to the 44, I went to the level up area and that worked...it changed it
    to 44 and it saved it and everything !!!!!

unfortunately it did not change anything, My bios is still not changing my settings, and always goes back to standard.

I had not done any of this before and it was exciting to learn about the flashback button ( they call it the ROG Connect button ).

I renamed the bios to M6F.cap as you asked.....

I was wondering about how the cmos button is GREEN light ON when I turn the computer around.... I dont know if its always on or
    if its pressed in and staying in and that is why the bios is not taking ????

Should that button be pressed one time with the computer off and then turn on ? I have hit the button while the computer was on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to try and help me, this is very frustrating and Ive spent so much time now trying many things
    and it does not make sense to me, so I decided to ask about the cmos button and if it being green light on could be the trouble ???

One more question.... I have a mouse or keyboard or some USB device plugged into that rog connect
    usb port.... is that oK ??? all of my devices are usb 2.0 and I dont know if they can be plugged
    into the blue 3.0 ports ????? Thanks
    Last edited by Mike Kelly; 01-06-2014 at 06:30 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

1. Download CPU-Z and open it.
    2. Download and run Prime95.

What does it say in the Multiplier box?

too many threads

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    To many threads mate. I am going to consolidate them. This is nuts 3 threads at the same time.
    I had my original thread of not being able to save my 100.5 and it going back to 100 all the time.
    When the trouble started, I was asked to start a new thread and put it into a trouble shooing area
    but then later I felt that others with my actual motherboard may be more able to help.

I am sorry that I over posted and please erase the ones you feel are not helping.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...543#post358543 this is the original one.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...693#post358693 This is the one we are on now.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...702#post358702 this is the one for the area that pertains to my MB.

I am sorry that I started so many. I wont do this in the future.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast