cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Mb bio's wont hold OC'ing settings and puts CPU back to stock every time

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
What started out as me not knowing enough to use the + and - keys and then hit the ENTER key, before hitting F10 to save my BLCK settings, has now turned into a nightmare.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?41924-BLCK-keeps-going-back-to-80-instead-of-100.5/page1

The above thread is where this all started. I was able with the help of new friends to attain a nice over clock
of my 4770K cpu with a H100i cooler from stock 3.5 to 4.5 and while it passed the prime 95 tests and did just
great, when I stared to OC my evga 680 card, I kept getting direct X shutdowns of Battlefield 4 game, but not
the whole computer. In the process of getting to the 4.5, I did use BF4 to test the stability, and it would sometimes
freeze up the entire computer.

No matter what settings I put into the bios for Core Ratio (44) or the Blck (100.5) and core voltage to 1.33
the bios now NEVER saves anything and puts the cpu back to 3521.28 Mhz and 100.61 x 35.0

My old bios was 1102 dated 11-20-13 and I TODAY just updated my bios a few minutes ago to 1203 dated
12-13-2013 and it said the new bios would bring more stability to my system, so I did it, thinking it would
fix my problem of the bios not saving all of my settings. Thing is, it is saving some of the settings like
my fans are set up to ADVANCED MODE and I have the NUM LOCK light set to OFF. All of those settings are
doing just fine, but now, I can try to level up to 44 or do a myriad of things, and it just keeps going back
to stock settings. ( Im hitting the F10 to save, so dont think its that ). I have hit F5 and saved and nothing
but nothing seems to do anything anymore.

My new rig is only about 5 weeks old or so, so the cmos battery should be fine and I can play BF4 no problem
now at the stock 3.5 settings and my Temps have always been really good, except for the one time I was
running prime 95 and BF4 at the same time.

I hope my CPU is not causing this, but I just dont know, so Im hoping some of you can help me.

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it very much.
Mike
375 REPLIES 375

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
I have just hit a wall where now my Maximus VI Formula bios or my i7 4770K cpu is giving me prolems.

I cant get any of my overclock settings to save. At one time, I had my rig at 4.5 and it was great, but now
I cant even get it to 4422 using a BLCK of 100.5 and a core ratio of 44.

It just keeps going back to 3521.27Mhz and 100.61 x 35.0 no matter what I do

Ive tried F5 and then went back and reset it up the way I like. Ive hit the Level Up thing for 44
and Ive spent hours and hours messing around and while other settings like numlock key light
and Fan Advanced mode settings are staying, the CPU settings are not.

I dont know what the heck is going on.... My MB and CPU are only a month and a half old
and so the cmos battery is ok, and I was able to do many things for the past few days
and my Corsair H100i has kept the cpu nice and cool and all my temps are good.
So I would appreciate any help with this as Im very frustrated now and cannot
figure out what is wrong....I even installed the new BIOS 1203 and it did not correct
the problem........so is it my 4770K that just isnt excepting the OC'ing or is it
I have a bad bios chip or what ?????

Thank You very much for your help, I appreciate it very much.

Mike

Hello mate

Please do two things for me.

First post up a screen of CPUz.

Second tell me how you flashed your bios? If you used the OS then please do a USB stick and Ezflash2 from the bios re-flash.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

When I go into bios , the old numbers are still in their, blck of 100.5 and 44 on the core ratio for a total of 4422.
If I change just a few things and hit f10, its says I have not made any changes to my bios. This is only with the
core ratio bclk and core voltage, everything else does get changed like turning off wifi or bluetooth settings

When I go into bios , the old numbers are still in their, blck of 100.5 and 44 on the core ratio for a total of 4422.
If I change just a few things and hit f10, its says I have not made any changes to my bios. This is only with the
core ratio bclk and core voltage, everything else does get changed like turning off wifi or bluetooth settings

I used a fat32 stick and it worked just fine in ez flash 2 It gave me the message that the bios upgrade worked.
I have not checked the voltage on my cmos battery, that is about the only thing I can think of that I have not done.

I have been saving my overclock settings time and time again, and its only yesterday that it started not saving the settings.

Ive hit the cmos reset button before install and hit f5 before install to make sure everything was good.

I re did the bios once again. Nothing has changed... it goes back to stock 350 instead of 442

Chino
Level 15

Mike_Kelly
Level 10
No Chino, asus Suite three has been gone now for a long time. I downloaded the bios from asus and put it on a usb stick and
used the asus ez flash 2 and it worked like a charm like it did when I flashed it when I first got my MB.

I have tried for like 4 hours now and NOTHING works now to get the CPU to OC at all. You name it, I tried it.....

HiVizMan
Level 40
Re-flash your bios. Your bios is corrupted.

Check your target speed of cpu in the bios if it is what you set then the issue is not your OC in bios. It is left overs from AIsuite.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.