cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much lag

eZ-Punisher
Level 7
Ok here we go.
I got a g46 every game lags and I'm plugged in to my charger. On just cause 2 I have to use the lowest setting possible and I get 40-60 fps. Did I pay money for this? Or is it just my laptop? Every other game lags too. Some are unplayable so please guys I'm desperate for help. I don't see why this got good reviews because for me it sucks
13 REPLIES 13

rewben
Level 13
hi @eZ-Punisher,

1. in addtion to have the laptop plugged in, you should run the laptop with the high performance power profile;
2. what games do you play?

Andili
Level 7
Hi Rewben and ez-Punisher,

I am experiencing the same problem when I play Planetside 2 on almost all the other games i am able to run My G75 on the highest settings.
@ Rewben sorry that i ask the same question probably 100 people ask before me but is it necessary to update the bios to improve gaming performance?

Cheers Andy

OMG someone that understands the problem. Ok I'm a noob to computers and whatever bios and profiles mean and all that. Is their some way we can figure this out? Do u have a steam account or xbox account so we can discuss this? Thanks

Andili wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem when I play Planetside 2 on almost all the other games i am able to run My G75 on the highest settings.
@ Rewben sorry that i ask the same question probably 100 people ask before me but is it necessary to update the bios to improve gaming performance?

Cheers Andy

Hey Andili,

I don't want to throw a wrench in your happiness, but the reason why Planetside 2 isn't running at the highest settings for you is simply due to the fact that Planetside 2 is one of the most system intensive games out there. I'm not shocked that the game doesn't run at the highest; I know people with desktop 670s that barely max it out.

It isn't necessary to update your BIOS to improve gaming performance, thought it may improve it anyways. Your drivers for your graphics card will improve your gaming experience. You can download the newest driver for your card here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/70187/en-us

EDIT: Something I did forget to mention is that you shouldn't update your BIOS all willy nilly. I typically don't update my BIOS unless the update contains something that's going to fix a problem I'm having currently. BIOS updates on ASUS laptops are known to cause problems, so...

Andili wrote:

Cheers Andy

Hey Andili,

I don't want to throw a wrench in your happiness, but the reason why Planetside 2 isn't running at the highest settings for you is simply due to the fact that Planetside 2 is one of the most system intensive games out there. I'm not shocked that the game doesn't run at the highest; I know people with desktop 670s that barely max it out.

It isn't necessary to update your BIOS to improve gaming performance, thought it may improve it anyways. Your drivers for your graphics card will improve your gaming experience. You can download the newest driver for your card here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/70187/en-us

darkhello
Level 7
eZ-Punisher wrote:
Ok here we go.
I got a g46 every game lags and I'm plugged in to my charger. On just cause 2 I have to use the lowest setting possible and I get 40-60 fps. Did I pay money for this? Or is it just my laptop? Every other game lags too. Some are unplayable so please guys I'm desperate for help. I don't see why this got good reviews because for me it sucks

I'm going to copy pasta this from another thread (same computer, too!)

"First of all, do you have your drivers for your GTX660M installed? That'll be the main reason why it's not picking it up. You can install the latest drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/70187/en-us

Anyways, the main reason, aside from drivers, that you're seeing that you've been playing on the Intel HD 4000 card is because Optimous hasn't kicked in (or, rather, kicked back). Optimous is something built into your system to allow you to have two graphics cards, one being super light on the system and therefore nice for your battery (Intel HD 4000) and the other being an actual gaming card (GTX 660M).

With that said, Optimous will kick in when you're on battery. If you're on battery, you WILL be playing on your Intel HD 4000, no ifs, ands, or buts. You can't change that.

Buuuutttt if you don't have your drivers installed for the 660M, it won't have a singular clue that the 660M even exists."

Ok so I just install it? Then it will work? Thank u for answering

darkhello wrote:
I'm going to copy pasta this from another thread (same computer, too!)

"First of all, do you have your drivers for your GTX660M installed? That'll be the main reason why it's not picking it up. You can install the latest drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/70187/en-us

Anyways, the main reason, aside from drivers, that you're seeing that you've been playing on the Intel HD 4000 card is because Optimous hasn't kicked in (or, rather, kicked back). Optimous is something built into your system to allow you to have two graphics cards, one being super light on the system and therefore nice for your battery (Intel HD 4000) and the other being an actual gaming card (GTX 660M).

With that said, Optimous will kick in when you're on battery. If you're on battery, you WILL be playing on your Intel HD 4000, no ifs, ands, or buts. You can't change that.

Buuuutttt if you don't have your drivers installed for the 660M, it won't have a singular clue that the 660M even exists."

sorry ifi already answered you im just making sure. so I just install it?

eZ-Punisher wrote:
sorry ifi already answered you im just making sure. so I just install it?

Sorry for the late reply, I was getting shot in Rust.

Anyways, yes, you should only have to install it and reboot. That should fix your issues. :]