cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hot is good for G750JX ?

sinhit
Level 7
Hi all,
I just buy new Asus G750JX about 2 months for gaming. When I'm playing Starcraft 2 (max settings), the medium temp (CPU) is about 77oC, maximum temp sometimes reaches to 85 - 90. Another game will reach to 70oC. I don't know is that good for my notebook? I uses HWMonitor and Core Temp to view the temperature. But the heat from rear side is not too hot. Can anyone give me some advice please?
P/S: I removed the Power4Gear software and use "Balance" power options now, the CPU is only run max speed when I'm playing games

Thanks so much (^_^)
9 REPLIES 9

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is normal, but if you worry, you can call hotline or send to service cneter to ask and check.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I play World of Tanks on max, my temp doesn't exceed 65.. sometimes even 60 on both. I guess Starcraft is more intensive though.

hmscott
Level 12
sinhit wrote:
Hi all,
I just buy new Asus G750JX about 2 months for gaming. When I'm playing Starcraft 2 (max settings), the medium temp (CPU) is about 77oC, maximum temp sometimes reaches to 85 - 90. Another game will reach to 70oC. I don't know is that good for my notebook? I uses HWMonitor and Core Temp to view the temperature. But the heat from rear side is not too hot. Can anyone give me some advice please?
P/S: I removed the Power4Gear software and use "Balance" power options now, the CPU is only run max speed when I'm playing games
Thanks so much (^_^)

The nice thing about the G750JW/JX, they keep the fan noise low up until you start going over 90c, you hit 95c steady and you will hear the fans and feel the heat coming out.

Try running BIONC with the SETI CPU and CUDA GPU tasks at 100%/100%, and then watch/listen, it's fun... and I have run that for days at a time at the same time as doing all my normal work, and watching streaming video / blu-ray.

These laptops are amazingly good at keeping themselves cool, and not throttling the CPU/GPU. I OC'd both to max stable settings and ran several 100%/100% CPU/GPU tasks for days, and logging temps with no throttling.

You are seeing normal behavior 🙂

Have some fun OC'ing and pushing the limits - just keep the air space around the laptop clear so exhaust heat won't get pulled back into the laptop - like if it is pushed against the wall in a corner of a desk - make sure you have plenty of free space for the heat to go and the cool air to enter.

Look for the XTU posts, how to undervolt the CPU/cache, and Asus GPU Tweak.

Let us know what you find when you really push the performance 🙂

hmscott wrote:
The nice thing about the G750JW/JX, they keep the fan noise low up until you start going over 90c, you hit 95c steady and you will hear the fans and feel the heat coming out.

Try running BIONC with the SETI CPU and CUDA GPU tasks at 100%/100%, and then watch/listen, it's fun... and I have run that for days at a time at the same time as doing all my normal work, and watching streaming video / blu-ray.

These laptops are amazingly good at keeping themselves cool, and not throttling the CPU/GPU. I OC'd both to max stable settings and ran several 100%/100% CPU/GPU tasks for days, and logging temps with no throttling.

You are seeing normal behavior 🙂

Have some fun OC'ing and pushing the limits - just keep the air space around the laptop clear so exhaust heat won't get pulled back into the laptop - like if it is pushed against the wall in a corner of a desk - make sure you have plenty of free space for the heat to go and the cool air to enter.

Look for the XTU posts, how to undervolt the CPU/cache, and Asus GPU Tweak.

Let us know what you find when you really push the performance 🙂

Hi hmscott,
I just has some question:
1. What is "BIONC"?
2. I saw that the maximum temperature for my CPU is 100 °C, is that good when sometime it will reach to 90 °C and will run at about 77 °C for a long time? (Notice that this is Celsius, not Fahrenheit) http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-4700HQ-Notebook-Processor.93264.0.html
I has just worried about this high temperature of my CPU

Thanks so much for your information

sinhit wrote:
Hi hmscott,
I just has some question:
1. What is "BIONC"?
2. I saw that the maximum temperature for my CPU is 100 °C, is that good when sometime it will reach to 90 °C and will run at about 77 °C for a long time? (Notice that this is Celsius, not Fahrenheit) http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-4700HQ-Notebook-Processor.93264.0.html
I has just worried about this high temperature of my CPU

Not to worry, your temps are low and normal.

BOINC is a framework to host distributed computing jobs. The SETI project puts out CPU and GPU computational tasks which when both run at the same time (I run 1 GPU and 8 CPU jobs at once) load the CPU to 100%, and the GPU to 80%-100% - a nice heavy load to run to test / burn in the paste on a new laptop/computer/GPU.

BOINC
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

You download BOINC, and then start the application, enable Advanced mode, and use the project manager to add Projects - by name or URL.

You want to set up a user account at BOINC, BAM!, and each project.

There is a another project, Folding @ Home, which I also run, and there is an ROG Forum team dedicated to FAH:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?42-Folding-Home-ROG-Team-183368

FAH @ Stanford
http://folding.stanford.edu/

I have actually run both + Graphics benchmarks + Hulu/Netflix on the JW/JX/JH without problems. Awesome cooling, awesome performance.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I put my G750JX through a bench and the highest it reached was 75*Celcius.

How are you reaching 100? That's nuts. I wouldn't dare pass 80 for my sake. Maybe that's just me.

Darnassus wrote:
I put my G750JX through a bench and the highest it reached was 75*Celcius.
How are you reaching 100? That's nuts. I wouldn't dare pass 80 for my sake. Maybe that's just me.

Darnassus, re-read his post, he researched the max temp for the CPU and indeed it is 100C.

His temps are maxing at 90F, running in the 70's for long periods, all ok.

adamsyes
Level 8
Well CPU wise, 75-80c on heavy gaming or benchmark long run it's pretty normal. Although I do believe some units have a better paste than others. A buddy of mine max cpu temp was about 67-70c while mine would be around 74c.

anyway you are fine though. If it bothers you, call the nearest ASUS department from where you live and see if they can repaste it for you (so you don't have to worry about losing warranty)