cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Gene Bios v1903 + Updated Modules

HellRider
Level 9
Hi guys,

Wanted to share with everyone the Maximus V Gene bios v1903 with the latest updated modules.

The updated modules are as follows:

• Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology - OROM - v14.0.0.2198
  • Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology - SATA EFI GUID 90C8D394 - v14.0.0.2198

• Intel(R) SandyBridge/IvyBridge OROM SVGA BIOS Build Number: 2170
  • EFI GOP Driver (IvyBridge) - v3.0.1027
  • EFI GOP Driver (SandyBridge) - v2.0.1024

• Intel(R) LAN PXE - v1.5.67
  • Intel(R) EFI/FFS Intel UNDI - v6.6.04

• Microcode Patch Sandy/IvyBridge - 29/1B

• Intel ME v8.1.52.1496

*Note*:
- Flash the bios firmware via USB BIOS Flashback method only!
- Maximus V Gene bios v1903 and Intel ME v8.1.52.1496 firmware files were tested successfully on my system.
- Please flash to the latest [Intel ME v8.1.52.1496] firmware and install the [Intel ME Driver v11.0.0.1115].

Download the files here...
48 REPLIES 48

tach4
Level 7
Thanks for this HellRider. I've been following some of your V Gene UEFI posts on here for a while but only just got round to signing up. I'm sure others also appreciate you doing this as Asus don't seem to care much about UEFI updates.

I have a question about the ME version, Do you think it would be 'better' if we used to same driver version as the UEFI version? I noticed you're using a newer driver version 9.5 with the 8.1 version in UEFI. I only ask as I know Intel recommend to use the same ROM/driver versions when it comes to RST.

cheers

Another point, Is there a reason you didn't include updated ASMedia 106x AHCI OROM?. I think the latest is 3.02. thanks

tach4 wrote:
Another point, Is there a reason you didn't include updated ASMedia 106x AHCI OROM?. I think the latest is 3.02. thanks

That's because, I don't use the ASMedia components on my system as well as I've disabled them via bios. Nevertheless, if I am not wrong, the Maximus V Gene uses the ASMedia ASM-104x controller instead of the ASM-106x.

There are no firmware updates for the ASM-104x Sata Controller. However, there is a firmware update to the USB3 controllers v120816_02_02_6D which you may download here. This file was provided courtesy of [MDM-1]. You may refer to the thread here.

There is a newer firmware for the USB3 controllers v130201, however someone from another forum had reported issues of supplying power. The thread can be found here.

thanks for the info.

by the way, the asmedia on v gene is 106x. it's in the manual and device manager. I only use it for a storage drive as i didnt have anymore intel ports left. As for USB3, I suppose that doesn't matter as I only use Intel USB3. Unless that is what you meant? I think their is asmedia and intel USB3 if i remember correct.

tach4 wrote:
thanks for the info.

by the way, the asmedia on v gene is 106x. it's in the manual and device manager. I only use it for a storage drive as i didnt have anymore intel ports left. As for USB3, I suppose that doesn't matter as I only use Intel USB3. Unless that is what you meant? I think their is asmedia and intel USB3 if i remember correct.

For Asmedia 106x, there is a newer firmware v3.02 dated 20th Nov 2013 listed here. However, you may wish to read this thread first before attempting to update the firmware.

My suggestion is, don't do it. However, if you do flash the firmware, then please do share your experience with us. 😉

thanks for the link. I won't update the asmedia for now.

Out of interest, do you get all the updated components for your custom UEFI from the win-raid site? I've seen some of the guides there before and was thinking of attempting to mod my own bios so not to rely on others. Is it easy?. ta.

tach4 wrote:
thanks for the link. I won't update the asmedia for now.

Out of interest, do you get all the updated components for your custom UEFI from the win-raid site? I've seen some of the guides there before and was thinking of attempting to mod my own bios so not to rely on others. Is it easy?. ta.

Yes, I used the UEFI Bios Updater (UBU) from Win-Raid to update the bios components.

Feel free to try it out as well. But, the bios file which I uploaded contains all the updated modules already. So ya gotta wait till UBU has a new release.

tach4 wrote:
Thanks for this HellRider. I've been following some of your V Gene UEFI posts on here for a while but only just got round to signing up. I'm sure others also appreciate you doing this as Asus don't seem to care much about UEFI updates.

I have a question about the ME version, Do you think it would be 'better' if we used to same driver version as the UEFI version? I noticed you're using a newer driver version 9.5 with the 8.1 version in UEFI. I only ask as I know Intel recommend to use the same ROM/driver versions when it comes to RST.

cheers

No, the version of the firmware and driver for ME does not need to match. You may read up more via the link below:
http://www.win-raid.com/t171f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-and-Tools.html

czeslaw
Level 7
What's new in Intel RST ?
I used to have an issue with my sandforce raid0 trim not functioning... I'm using AHCI now, but I would like to take benefit from raid0 some day 😕
Maybe it would work with the new OROM version ?
M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter