cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair Officially Announces Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler

ottoyu34
Level 9
Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Corsair Hydro Series™ H70 ultra-performance CPU cooler. This CPU cooler is designed to provide an extremely efficient cooling solution for CPUs from Intel and AMD.

The Hydro Series H70 CPU cooler is an evolution of the award-winning Hydro Series H50, with several significant upgrades that enable it to deliver even greater cooling performance. These upgrades include a double-thickness (50mm) radiator with higher heat-exchanging capacity and a pump/cold plate unit with increased efficiency. The H70 also features two 120mm speed-switchable cooling fans in a push-pull configuration to provide increased airflow at low noise levels.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/127950/Corsair_Officially_Announces_Hydro_Series_H70_CPU_Cooler.html
9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
Anybody want to buy a slightly used Corsair H50 in excellent condition? 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

ottoyu34
Level 9
looks like it need some good fans to push air thur that rad.

Retired
Not applicable
ottoyu34 wrote:

That's what I thought. It does look pretty dense.

ottoyu34 wrote:

craigbru wrote:
That's what I thought. It does look pretty dense.

Perhaps that's why they include the fans. Seems like they don't want people making poor fan choices and getting sub-optimal cooling.

[vent]Of course if fan manufacturers would just standardize and publish static pressure numbers for fans we wouldn't have this problem! :mad: [/vent]
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:

[vent]Of course if fan manufacturers would just standardize and publish static pressure numbers for fans we wouldn't have this problem! :mad: [/vent]

Even if they did, they'd have to be taken with a grain of salt. I mean, fan manufacturers would never play loose with the numbers, right? 😛

Retired
Not applicable
HAH, I JUST bought my H50. It's not even here yet or opened. Good news is, I can return it and get this if it's released in the next couple days. The BestBuy near me stocks the H50, so I'll hope they get the H70.

xeromist
Looks like at least one store is going to have them in stock as of 8/26 so maybe about 2 weeks.

xeromist
Well, at least if there were numbers there would be increased awareness and people would start doing independent verification. The liars would be exposed in short order. As it is I feel like we're talking about memory and everyone knows speed but nobody has even heard of latency. There's an entire category of fan performance that nobody knows exists.

ottoyu34
Level 9
If you know what to get and filter out the bad brands, there isnt that much fans to choose from.