ufCrit
Level 7
Updating my system from a 1156 very first gen i5 with a gigabyte mobo to this:
Asus Maximus vi HERO (bios version 0804
i7 4770k
Corsair XMS3 (4GB x2, 2GB x2)
Geforce GTX 760
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
(+ 1tb in raid 0, 2tb Hitachi, 320GB WDC)
Corsair 850watt PSU
LG Blu-Ray Drive

Anyways every time i try to load windows it bluescreens with the error code "0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" Upon doing research I cound out that..
"Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus."
http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x9c

So I tried another hard drive with the impressive Vista and that didnt boot either. I tried to update the bios to see if that would fix it but got very confused with the instructions given by asus:
http://support.asus.com/Documents/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=MAXIMUS%20VI%20HERO&s=45&hashedid=9...

Any ideas are welcome but please keep it on topic. I really want to test out this new board and get my system up and running!

Appreciate the Help,
Crit
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Go into the BIOS and change the storage mode. It is probably set to AHCI but you originally installed it with IDE mode? That will cause an error.

However, it's not always a good idea to just drop a Windows installation on new hardware. For one, if your Windows is OEM it won't like the new hardware and deauthorize you. With retail you can change hardware but with OEM you are not really allowed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

HiVizMan
Level 40
How did this turn out? If you are sorted would you please let us know and maybe rep Xero too 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.