cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't run wifi and bluetooth at the same time?

rikoa
Level 7
I can't seem to turn them both on...is it only 1 at a time? I have a G75.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
for spec it can be using at same time.

I press fn+2 and I click one, turns the other off.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
rikoa wrote:
I press fn+2 and I click one, turns the other off.

Not sure if this is the problem you are running into, but it can be a little tricky to enable/disable the G75VW wireless and bluetooth using Fn+F2 and ASUS Wireless Console3 in Win7.
The short answer is to press Fn+F2 and left-click on the bluetooth to enable it before the onscreen display disappears as in the screenshot below (it's a little bit like a video game and you may need to try it a few times), but it sounds like you are already aware of this. Please continue reading for another suggestion below.

The longer answer is below if anybody is interested.
Hopefully I can explain this clearly, but normally you would press Fn+F2 to enable the bluetooth or wireless (assuming you have both) that you choose before the onscreen display disappears.

Press Fn+F2 again to disable both and pop up the onscreen display again showing both devices are disabled, but don't try to enable or click on any icons at this point.
Just press Fn+F2 again and click on the icon you want to enable it before it disappears.
In other words, only try to enable the wireless or bluetooth every other time you press Fn+F2 and not every time.

Don't believe you are running Win8, but if you are, please let us know.

Anyway, hope this can help with the problem.

rikoa
Level 7
Sorry I'm not THAT tech savvy...what do you mean??

Clintlgm
Level 14
What Pitcher said was that Specifications for the G75 allows for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to run at the same time. You might try updating your drivers to the latest ones posted on the Asus Support Download site
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro