cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio and game stutters

Medic
Level 7
I have problems with audio stutters in some games as well actual game stutters when loading new dialogue. Also while listening to music, everytime a new song comes on for the first few seconds there is a stutter. The stutter not only pauses the audio but also vidoe if I'm watching a visualizer or playing a 3D game. It does not stutter the video if I'm playing a 2D game. Can anyone help me out with this problem?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Start by checking for updated drivers. Do you have win 7 or 8 on there? If you have 7 you may also want to try using DPC Latency Checker. They are still working on a version compatible with 8.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Start by checking for updated drivers. Do you have win 7 or 8 on there? If you have 7 you may also want to try using DPC Latency Checker. They are still working on a version compatible with 8.

Seconding this. Try reloading your audio driver. Secondary troubleshooting would be to use a utility to analyze your DPC latency. Depending on which OS you're using will depend on which program.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!