cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 VW Firmware / optical DVD/CD drive Driver needed urgently

Andili
Level 7
Hi all,

Where can I find the Firmware for the G75 VW BBK5 on the Asus Support website.
I found all the drivers but which download includes the DVD/CD driver?
My Asus DVD/CD drive is not working anymore, it shows the device on "My Computer" and in Device manager.
My current driver : 6.1.7601.17514 from 2006, is there a updated version for this device!?

I need to create a repair disc due to my Windows registry seems to be corrupt.

Also, is it possible to create the repair ISO file on a USB harddrive?

Andy
4 REPLIES 4

Clintlgm
Level 14
Andili wrote:
Hi all,

Where can I find the Firmware for the G75 VW BBK5 on the Asus Support website.
I found all the drivers but which download includes the DVD/CD driver?
My Asus DVD/CD drive is not working anymore, it shows the device on "My Computer" and in Device manager.
My current driver : 6.1.7601.17514 from 2006, is there a updated version for this device!?

I need to create a repair disc due to my Windows registry seems to be corrupt.

Also, is it possible to create the repair ISO file on a USB harddrive?

Andy

DVD CD Driver are part of the Chipset drivers unless I'm mistaken

G75 VW Win 7 you should have created a restore to factory set Using AI Recovery when you first got your NB?
G75 VW Win 8 you would have used Asus BackTracker to create a restore to factory condition USB Thumbdrive?

Not sure if either program will create on a external USB Drive if it were you wouldn't be able to use that drive for anything else so there would be lots of wasted space. USB Thumb Drive 32 GB for win 8 or 8.1 is plenty.
for aftermarket back up programs USB external drives are wonderful. Macrium Reflect seems to work really well with UEFI GPT disk for Images or cloning or just if you pay for it file back up. Be very careful picking a program for back ups as most claim to be UEFI Compliant but in reality they can not restore a UEFI GPT disk and have it boot.

If you didn't create these restore disk in the beginning you can download them form Asus Support Download Ilinked the Backtracker for you.

You could try to create them still if your recovery partition hasn't been corrupted they may still work. You could try a F9 on boot for a recovery. Most likely you will need to clean Install this thread explains how this is accomplished
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Shawnnepc
Level 13

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is using microsoft bundle driver, i suggest you can download ASUS Backtracker to make recover disk by USB.

MegaMouseGW
Level 7
He is like me looking for the firmware that is for our BD/DvD drives and not drivers. I actually found mine but it will not update due to the way that my laptop reads the current firmware on the unit. Might try to install the BD/DvD drive in my desktop too see if it will read it right and then update it from there.