New ROGer Array

Question "Maximus IV GENE-Z" doesn't see "MSI R9 270X HAWK 2048"

Good afternoon!
    The Maximus IV GENE-Z motherboard compatibility issue with the video card "MSI R9 270X HAWK 2048" was found. BIOS of the motherboard doesn't see the video card. In the Device manager of windows the video card as isn't displayed. I checked this video card on other computers, the video card working. I tried to insert other video card into Maximus IV GENE-Z, all apprx. But together they in any way don't want to work. I tried both slots of PCI-Express, I updated BIOS video cards to the last version (3603), I put a priority of the videoadapter of PCI-e in BIOS settings, I nullified BIOS - everything ineffectually.
    My system:
    CPU i5 2500k, DDR 8Gb 1866Mhz, Power supply unit 500W, 1 HDD + 1 SSD.
    What problem candidate solutions can be? The BIOS updating of this Motherboard is planned? Probably, there is a beta version of new BIOS?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

What Viz said.
    Last edited by Antronman; 01-08-2014 at 07:46 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

It could just be that the card is not compatible with that board it happens. And please ignore what Antronman has said as Gen3 cards work just fine in all devices with PCie lanes.

What you can do is the basic fault fixing stuff and see if any of that helps.

Clear CMOS is a good place to start. The button on the in/out panel.
    Checking the power connectors for the VGA again. I assume you used two different PSU when you put the MSI card into another board. So check your PSU cables again.

Stuff like that.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.