cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games sometimes freeze, especially when attacking or dead

Chris_Altig
Level 7
Hello, I am extremely pleased with my ASUS RoG G750JH. My only issue though is, in some games (Garry's Mode TTT mode chief among them, along with CS:GO) Will freeze and do a sound loop for about 3-5 seconds at a time. This kind of lag happens mostly when I am attacking someone, or someone is dying near me. Has anyone had a similar issue with a solution? I can most definitely provide more information if it is needed.

I have the latest nVidia Drivers installed, and I keep everything on my computer up to date.
12 REPLIES 12

khmergod
Level 7
Might be sound drivers.
G750JH-DB71
i7 4700HQ
32GB RAM HYNIX
GTX 7800M
2X128 SSD RAID 0
256 SAMSUNG 840 PRO

Chris_Altig
Level 7
The -entire- game freezes, it's not just a sound issue, the sound issue arises from the game freezing.

games installed on the stock 5400rpm drive?

The C drive on the SSDs

MrAwesome
Level 7
I am having the exact same issue. I have only played CS GO on the laptop 3 times since I got it and this issue has happened 2 out of those 3 times. Any ideas? Could it be due to the video card overheating? There doesn't seem to be to much heat coming out of the laptop.

It simply just freezes, checked task manager and the game is non-responsive so I just kill the task.

UltimateKyo
Level 7
Are you sure you updated all the drivers released by Asus? To prevent such things happening, try to update drivers only with Asus released Driver

y0da67
Level 7

y0da67 wrote:
Had the same problem.
Here is your fix, use google translate.

http://www.republic-of-gamers.fr/Forum/showthread.php/10430-Probl%C3%A8me-performance-PC-portable?p=...

I did this, however the issue still persists. I do not understand, I even sent the laptop to ASUS for repairs, they didn't fix the problem. I have used restore points, used the RAM diagnostic tool, lowering my graphics, and the like. None of this has helped.

y0da67 wrote:
Had the same problem.
Here is your fix, use google translate.

http://www.republic-of-gamers.fr/Forum/showthread.php/10430-Probl%C3%A8me-performance-PC-portable?p=...

I did this, however the issue still persists. I do not understand, I even sent the laptop to ASUS for repairs, they didn't fix the problem. I have used restore points, used the RAM diagnostic tool, lowering my graphics, and the like. None of this has helped.

Edit: I also reinstalled my sound drivers, but to no avail.