cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Asus ROG "armor" mechaincal keyboard

YogzDC
Level 7
Hey guys, i just wanna ask if you have any news or updates regarding the release of the new asus rog "armor" mechanical keyboard featured during the computex convention in taiwan last july 2013. Article said it will be released 3rd quarter if 2013, but i haven't got any updates.

Here is the article..

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/04/asus-rog-armor-keyboard-gaming/

Thanks..
16 REPLIES 16

Kronvict
Level 9
Im awaiting news on this as well.

I am also waiting to get some sort of update, It's hard for me to be able to afford to keep up with the best components, but I don't mind paying a bit more for a quality product such as this, I'm sure this will be out of my "price range" as I'm always broke due to losing my job after 14 years, and now only working 1-2 days a week, I need time to save for it, so as soon as we can get a release or pre order date, I'll know how much time I have to start saving so I can has an awesome KB, That is unless ofcourse an asus rep feels bad enough after hearing my hard luck story to send me one:D

Kronvict
Level 9
Any news on this yet?

DeeFunct
Level 7
I would love to see some information on this too, my MK-85 seems to be on it's way out and this looks like the ideal replacement!

Any info ROG admin? Anything at all? Will we see more info at any expo's later this year?

X-ROG
Level 15
Next one is Computex

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Next one is Computex

Hmmm and if we don't see much at the upcoming Computex and i'm guessing we may just see another "tease" of it....I just have this feeling that we won't be seeing this keyboard til next year, when Corsair gets out of bed with Cherry Corp and other peripheral makers are finally allowed to release their own RGB Cherry Keyboards. Of course I can only speculate and do look forward to June and see whether I am right, or wrong :cool:

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Hmmm and if we don't see much at the upcoming Computex and i'm guessing we may just see another "tease" of it....I just have this feeling that we won't be seeing this keyboard til next year, when Corsair gets out of bed with Cherry Corp and other peripheral makers are finally allowed to release their own RGB Cherry Keyboards. Of course I can only speculate and do look forward to June and see whether I am right, or wrong :cool:

No, this year if anything is not in final design I will scream and shout curses at all involved. There are reasons for the 12 month delay - it's not unusual for a new product group - but it should never have been shown off. It doesn't make people happy and doesn't help our bottom line!

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
No, this year if anything is not in final design I will scream and shout curses at all involved. There are reasons for the 12 month delay - it's not unusual for a new product group - but it should never have been shown off. It doesn't make people happy and doesn't help our bottom line!

Yeah.

Really early reveals doesn't work in the hardware world, from both an actual selling and promoting point of view.

Movies and Games, you want to start promoting the moment you have anything to promote.

But with hardware, people start asking questions too early and they either get impatient, and don't wait for the new hardware, or they forget about it and decide to go with different hardware.

Man, I really frickin' hope that thing has Cherry MX switches.
Rubber dome just isn't quite as nice 😛
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

ROGHSV
Level 7
I want one 😄
It can never be to quick.