cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Temp/Stablility Problem with new BIOS 1203

chrisk2305
Level 7
Hi,

two days ago I updated my BIOS to the latest Version and set exactly the same Settings which I had previously. My 4770k was 24h prime stable with 1.28v @ 4,4Ghz. I started Prime95 agein and the Computer immediateley crashed. I noticed that one core goes up to 99° Celcius which I had never before. I have a proper Dual Radiator Watercooling Setup and the CPU is delided as well. I never had temps above 70° Celcius. So what could that be? I have most of my Settings on Auto, maybe some Voltages got raised quite a lot with the new bios? Any advice?

Thanks! Christian
5 REPLIES 5

srashedian
Level 7
Hi.
Never run synthetic stability tests on automatic or adaptive voltages, use only and only manual. (at least for vcore) and make sure PLL ov is in the middle(regular, or 4, depending on your motherboard)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate, may I suggest that you re-flash your bios to the version that you were happy with.

Use the BIOS utility EZflash2 and not the OS to flash your bios. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

sorry, MB is Maximus VI Extreme

chrisk2305
Level 7
Hi,
thanks for the answers. I don't have vcore on Auto, but most of the other Settings. so you suggest to set ALL the Auto Options concerning voltage to fixed values? I just want to find out which voltage goes up that high. The reason i flashed, is because I wanted to test if my 10gbit nic now works in the last pci-e Slot, which didn't work before (but i couldn't try out yet because of my temp/stability issue). Please advise. thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right I understand.

First up the only way any core should get to 99'c is if the cooler is broken, or a sensor is broken.

May I suggest you start from scratch and if you like we can work through them together.

If yes, please list all your hardware in the next post and specify your cooling for me too please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.