cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Liquid Coolant And Websites To Buy It

DELLB0Y
Level 7
Hello so after the fantastic help from my first post i have decided to ask for help again i have been looking everywhere for liquid coolant and i honestly cant find some anywhere so first off i need UK websites where i can buy it 🙂

i have seen mixed reviews about putting dye in the liquid and people saying it clogs up the radiator and other people saying they have had no problems with the dyes so im a bit confused lol im wanting red dye and red tubing and it will be on the corsair H80i hydro series extreme performance CPU cooling

any reply telling me about the above are welcome and if you could even tell me if there are dyes more reliable than others and if there are any downfalls of having dye in the liquid that would be great and im looking to change the liquid every 6/7 months
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey DELLBOY :).....the H80i is what is known as a closed loop cooler...i.e. it comes sealed with a coolant already in it. So buying separate coolant is not necessary. You would do that if you put together a custom loop yourself out of separate parts.;)

well dont i fell stupid now smh haha

DELLB0Y wrote:
well dont i fell stupid now smh haha

Nah, not at all..if we all knew everything before we got into building systems it would be no fun.

Dr Zch...I'd have to agree with you just distilled or deionised water is the best coolant and maybe a kill coil if you're lazy and don't want to change the coolant much. Best for cooling best for anti corrosion. Bit of glycol if you are going to be subzero ambient.

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
Additionally, and in the event you decided to build a custom loop, I don't think it'd be necessary to add dye to the coolant if you're using red tubing.
Lately, I've been experimenting A LOT with liquid cooling, and my vote is for water. Also, remember that every additive you put into your system displaces your coolant.
If you're worried about the fluid's electric conductivity, you can pick up de-ionized water - MUCH cheaper than brand-specific coolants from sellers like Cooler Master and EK - at just about any hardware store.
Here's a link to a very straightforward article you - and everyone else - might find interesting - http://www.lytron.com/Tools-and-Technical-Reference/Application-Notes/The-Best-Heat-Transfer-Fluids-...

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
I don't have to worry about sub-zero ambient on the Texas Gulf Coast - lol.