cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCCFTech:Nvidia is Preparing the Much Awaited GTX 780 Ti 6GB Edition

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Quote:

The GTX 780 Ti is quite the graphic card, Nvidia’s flagship to be precise, however the one thing it lacks in is its video memory. With a meager 3GB of VRam, the GTX 780 TI could not realize its true potential. Back before the GTX 780 Ti KingP|N was released, everyone assumed it would be 6GB but that was sadly not the case. However we have got word that Nvidia has completed preparations for the GTX 780 Ti Launch.

Nvidia Prepping the GTX 780 Ti 6GB Edition for Launch – Waiting for Titan Inventory to Clear Up.

We have just received information that AIC Partners are waiting for the GTX Titan inventory to clear up. After that happens the GTX 780 Ti 6 GB will be released. The stock of the GTX Titan is already in a somewhat slow trickle state because of the launch of the GTX 780 Ti. We believe that one of the major reasons why no 6GB version has been released yet is so that people still have sufficient reason to buy the GTX Titan. According to our sources as soon as the GTX Titan Inventory Status clears up the 780 Ti 6GB Variant will start shipping.

Of course 6GB of VRam will allow the 780 Ti to utilize its full potential. We have seen that the Ti’s 3GB Memory causes some serious bottle-necking in some games while in 4k Resolution. We see that the Current Gaming trend is moving towards a 4k Standard and where resolution is concerned, the more VRam, the merrier. Not only that, but with the increased VRam, SLI configurations should gain more power. Ofcourse, professionals would gain the most benefit from the added memory, but for some reason or the other , the 780 Ti is just not as good with Compute as the Titan is.
We expect that the GTX 780 Ti 6GB Edition should start shipping in a short time span.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-preparing-gtx-780-ti-6gb-edition/#ixzz2ppeEzb6n
8 REPLIES 8

Dicehunter
Level 10
Nvidia board meeting "How can we milk these idiots dry ?" lol

I'm quickly losing respect for Nvidia.

This section right here has me questioning if "Syed Muhammad Usman Pirzada" actually does any research or knows anything about the cards he reports on -

But for some reason or the other , The 780 Ti is just not as good with Compute as the Titan is.

Dicehunter wrote:
Nvidia board meeting "How can we milk these idiots dry ?" lol

I'm quickly losing respect for Nvidia.

This section right here has me questioning if "Syed Muhammad Usman Pirzada" actually does any research or knows anything about the cards he reports on -

Haha...have to say I agree with that entirely......"for some reason or other" LOL....five minutes with google would be enough but can´t even be bothered with that...

And they will probably do the same stupid thing as with the Titan, to little bandwidth for all that memory.

abvolt
Level 11
looks like it will be shipping the same time as the gtx 790 sometime in february .
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Antronman
Level 10
Of course 6GB of VRam will allow the 780 Ti to utilize its full potential.

What a joke. With that sentence, I am convinced this is a paid for pre-review. I mean, come on! Never have I seen 6GBs of VRam used in any pro software, such as Maya 2013, 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Autocad, etc. I am not sure that even Crysis 3 on maximum possible settings including AA uses close to 6GBs of VRam. This is Nvidia basically milking every dime out of their loyal customers, trying to make more money. Just another reason to AMD these days...
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Antronman wrote:
I mean, come on! Never have I seen 6GBs of VRam used in any pro software, such as Maya 2013, 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Autocad, etc. I am not sure that even Crysis 3 on maximum possible settings including AA uses close to 6GBs of VRam. This is Nvidia basically milking every dime out of their loyal customers, trying to make more money. Just another reason to AMD these days...

Doesn't AMD have 6GB cards as well?

When I bought my GTX680 last year, everybody told me 2Gb would be enough. Well as soon as I started modding Skyrim I quickly learned that 2Gb was NOT enough. I just went and bought a GTX770 4Gb because the 780 only comes in 3Gbs, and I am currently using 3.5 Gb VRAM on average. If the 780 Ti had been available in a 6Gb variant, I would already have it. Am I missing something here? Can somebody please explain to me why a 6Gb version of the fastest current gaming GPU is generally considered a waste of money, especially if I want to heavily mod future games at 4k resolutions???

abvolt
Level 11
You do have a good point could very well be true there is way too many new cards being released lately. Of course these big companies know people like me will buy their cards, I say that because after I bought my 690 I knew I'd paid too much.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Kronvict
Level 9
I would rather hear about Maxwell than more iterations of the 780 >.<