cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone volume very low...

brutalusmaximus
Level 7
After I've been looking around the forum for different solutions for my problem and trying to find solutions in different forums I've not come to any conclusion.
Before I contact ASUS directly i ask everyone here if anyone is experiencing the same problem.
I've boosted my mic with the microphone booster to 30db to compensate the usual low sound but at the result of a low quality.
The sound is still very low even though all my microphone settings in the skype, teamspeak, and in windows(the software related to the sound) are put to the max level.

I've heard so much good about this Motherboard, about the quality of sound, about the perfomance, but so far I've not experienced this.

My microphone works good on other comps. So thats not the issue.
Do I need to buy an external soundcard even though I paid so much for this MB?

Specc as follows:
Maximus VI Gene
Asus Geforce 780 TI
Intel I7 4770k
16 Gb ram
Windows 8.1 64 bit
5 REPLIES 5

WEIR_SJ
Level 7
Are you using the front panel mic port or the back panel one?

My mic works fine if i connect it to the front panel or to the usb soundcard it came with, but if i connect to the rear mic port mine is also VERY quiet.
Case Corsair 600T || PSU CX Series™ Modular CX750M
Motherboard Maximus VI Hero || CPU Intel i5-4670K
Cooler Corsair H100 || Ram 16gb Corsair Vengence 1600 (4x4gb)
SSD 2 x Samsung 840 Evo (250gb) [RAID 0] (OS) || HHD WD 500gb Black
GPU EVGA 780ti SC ACX || OS Windows 8.1

Yeah tried both back and front, no different in sound. Same low sound. Forgot to say that the microphone I plugged in is a 3,5.
Thought about buying a headset with a usb soundcard that might fix this issue.

F2Black
Level 7
I've got the exact same problem and can't find a solution, i did contact Asus and this was their responce;

"Please clear CMOS for a try.
If still, please contact with your retailer for further check. If it is due to motherboard faulty, your retailer would send your motherboard to us for RMA (Return Material Authorization) service."

I did clear the CMOS (don't see how that could help) and it didn't correct the issue.

To me it looks like some small portion of the on board soundcards are faulty. I'm lucky the store i bought it from are just going to replace it for me but still a pain pulling everything out.

If you do find a solution please post it up for other people.

NikosG
Level 7
Bump , same issue here.