cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus live chat trouble :(

rpggamesplayer
Level 7
hey guys i have been experiencing alot of issues on windows 8 and 8.1 with my
rampage iv extreme ivy-e system i get stutters in almost any loading in games such as ac4 batman ao etc
on windows 7 it is a lot better but still there,
i asked the asus rep if there was any newer drivers for windows 8.1
he told me that the rampage iv extreme is not windows 8 or 8.1 compatible,
this rang alarms in my head as it clearly says windows 8.1 ready on the website,
i asked him what to do and he said for me to purchase windows 7 (is this the type of customer support asus have)

i think its driver or chipset related (thats just my hunch)
my rig is as follows any help would be kindly accepted,

Asus rampage iv extreme latest bios 4072
mushkin redline 2133 quad chan memory
samsung 840 pro 128gb
intel ssd 120gb
1 tb western digital black
gtx 780 ti x2 sli
superflower leadex 1000w platinum psu
15 REPLIES 15

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, rpggamesplayer.

I'd recommend you start by testing your RAM using Memtest86+. There is a guide linked in my signature written by HVM.

rpggamesplayer
Level 7
thanks chino will test the ram now

rpggamesplayer
Level 7
ok update done the memory test all fine no errors spat out, tried my spare psu same result with stutters, any other suggestions?

Chino
Level 15
Are you using the latest NVIDIA drivers? And have you tried playing with just one GTX 780 Ti to see if the stutters occur?

rpggamesplayer
Level 7
i have used each available drivers for my cards (4 of them) tried each gpu separately over fresh installs of windows same thing 😞 in windows 7 its less frequent and harder to notice

rpggamesplayer
Level 7
nope no overclock i tried it with a overclock and it alleviated it slightly but its back at stock, gpu's have always been stock, i have evan tried with a r9 290x from the red team same thing

Chino
Level 15
rpggamesplayer wrote:
i get stutters in almost any loading in games such as ac4 batman ao etc

Can you clarify that part for me? Are you getting the stuttering during gameplay or only when it's loading?

Also, do you have your games on your Samsung SSD, Intel SSD of your WD drive?

rpggamesplayer
Level 7
during gameplay like frequent frame skips like the cpu is spiking, i have tried it on each ssd hd same thing, all pluged in to the intel sata ports of the mb disabled asmedia usb and sata ports to eliminate them from being
the issue, evan disabled onboard sound and bluetooth, gameplay will be smooth at a stand still and then
i will get a skipped frame during motion (movement)