cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V-Z Software?

Dandynamite
Level 7
So, when I first purchased my mobo, an Asus ROG Crosshair Formula V-Z, it came with a disk for everything to do with the software (apparently Kaspersky too, but I never found that, not the problem though).

Now recently my household desktop died and for some reason had Windows 8 Pro whereas my gaming desktop had only normal Windows 8 & Vista. So I formatted the HDD & did a clean install of Windows 8 Pro, and then updated it to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Centre.

Now the problem I am experiencing is getting the audio control panel,

I've got all the drivers now problem, and this has been working fine for a while, but I just swapped out my Sibera V2 Headset for the Razer Kraken Pro, and want to tweak the sound settings.

I went to go into the ROG colour themed audio manager I had before, and found its not there.

I am almost 100% sure I installed it off of the disk that came with the mobo, however, as is always the case when you need it,
I have lost the disk.

Does anybody know where I can acquire this program or a good equivalent (good, free equivalent I should add) without the disk, as the Asus Download page doesn't have it, and the drivers don't bring the software either, any help would be fantastic!
7 REPLIES 7

Dandynamite
Level 7
I don't honestly know, all I know is that before I wiped it and installed the new OS, if I plugged my headset in, I'd get a pop-up saying like "line in" or "mic in" appear, and then I could choose settings, sound effects (crap like concert hall and stuff that I've never used) and then there was an equalizer where you can edit bass etc (which I need to turn down basically using this headset). It came up about a third of the the size of the screen (mines 22" 1920x1080 and it took up the middle third by default) and was all black and red themed (like the other Asus ROG software). I honestly for the life of my cannot remember the name, all I know is now I plug the headset in, nothing, volume control, but thats it.

Chino
Level 15
Ah I see. You referring to the control panel for the audio. Go to the Asus support website for your motherboard. Choose the Windows 8.1 in the dropdown box. The Asus modified Realtek driver should be under Audio.

Dandynamite
Level 7
Didn't work unfortunately, I tried them both, no joy, no control panel

Chino
Level 15
I wonder if this is a Windows 8.1 issue.

Try this as a test. Uninstall the Realtek drivers from Asus. Go to the Realtek website and download the drivers directly from there. Let me know how it goes.

Dandynamite
Level 7
I've got all the drivers, they work without a problem, and it's not the Realtek drivers I think I need, its the Asus ones, I'm going to empty my house and find the disk hopefully even if it takes hours & hours