cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Witcher 2 Settings on G750JW

Mkadi
Level 7
Hi, i have been using my g750 for a while. i upgraded the ram up to 24gb and installed a ssd. But when i tried to play witcher 2 on high or ultra settings (ubersampling closed) i could not get a good framerate. Has anybody played witcher 2 on g750? Could you help me with the optimum settings? thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

anphi
Level 8
On G750JX, i use the following settings:

-1920x1080p resolution
-vsync off
-ubersampling off
-antialiasing off
-all other settings enabled and max out
-maximum processor state set to 95% (no turbo boost)

i get around 40 fps average. Very demanding scenes drop the frames to about 30 fps and less demanding ones increase up to 50 fps. All in all, the game is playable at least on this laptop. For G750JW, try lowering your screen resolution to about 1600x900

getjohnalive
Level 7
how you set processor state to 95%? I also have g750jx

cheatermclaggin
Level 7
you can also use geforce experience settings for witcher 2 it helps it run really well and it still looks good.

Mkadi
Level 7
thank you guys i'll try those recommendations. and if any JW users share their settings for witcher 2, that would be awesome.

cheatermclaggin
Level 7
i have a jw model and i use the geforce experience settings and it runs really well i have never bothered to check the FPS on it.

Mkadi
Level 7
i saw the geforce experience settings but they are a little bit low. i achived almost 30+ fps on 1920*1080 with settings almost rest as same as experience except it recommends 1600*900.

cheatermclaggin
Level 7
you can also take the slider and slide it towards what is more important performance or quality you can also toy with the settings to get it to run the way you like thats one of the best things about pc gaming.

Mkadi
Level 7
thanks alot for the advice. i really want to play witcher 2 optimum as i can, i have been waiting for it for a long time. it is an old game but i havent played it yet 🙂