cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROJECT Sabertooth (Coolermaster Cosmos SE)

tantric
Level 7
Hello ROG Fans!

Just wanna share my entry for the 2013 CoolerMaster Casemod Competition.

I've always been a big fan of the Cosmos series cases from CoolerMaster. From the original Cosmos, Cosmos 1000 and the Super Tower Cosmos II which is arguably one of the most beautiful cases CM has produced in a while. My only gripes with the Cosmos cases is their bulky size and weight.

So when CM finally released a mid tower version of their Cosmos case, I definitely wanted to get my hands on one.

The Coolermaster Cosmos SE
Here's a quick review of the case. The Cosmos SE is basically a Midtower version of the Cosmos II, the external appearance of the case looks strikingly similar with the Cosmos II. The only noticeable difference is the sliding front and top door and hinged aluminum side panels.

The interior of the case is similar to most midtower cases form CM. The front has 6 removable HDD cages. The entire HDD cage assembly can also be removed to accommodate a 360 radiator. A custom bracket for mounting radiators on the front is also included with the case.

The top panel houses the power, reset buttons, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 ports and the standard audio jacks.

The rear of the case also includes vented PCI covers for optimal airflow. Also identical with the Cosmos 2 is the included PSU bracket.

-disassembling the case.

-my first order of business with this case is to convert it to BTX/Reversed ATX,

-time to bring out the dremel 😄

BTX Mod done 😄
44 REPLIES 44

tantric
Level 7
some of the parts i'll be using for this build. I might be changing a few of them as the project progresses, depending on how the parts fit with the theme I'm planning with this build 😄
for this build i diverted from the usual black / red theme and decided to do a monochrome black/grey scheme. the same reason i chose to use the ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard.

-ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87
-INTEL i5 4670
-ASUS GTX 660ti
-8GB Corsair Dominator
-2x160GB WD Velociraptors
-CoolerMaster V850 Power Supply
-CoolerMaster Turbine Master 120mm fans

tantric
Level 7
doing a little test fitting on the case.

tantric
Level 7
change of plans 😄

decided to redo the vc mounting

i'm also checking if the radiator will fit on the front panel.

Corsair H80 Fillport Mod

-made the custom fillport out of spare 4.5mm acrylic.

-tap threaded and glued onto the rad.

-done 😄

Corsair H80 Fillport Mod

-made the custom fillport out of spare 4.5mm acrylic.

-tap threaded and glued onto the rad.

-done 😄

blacked out WD Velociraptor using plastidip.

blacked out WD Velociraptor using plastidip.

what to do with a spare HAF 932 front grille?

looks nice for a custom case floor accent 😄

what to do with a spare HAF 932 front grille?

looks nice for a custom case floor accent 😄