cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro mobo rebooting when I turn it on

Retired
Not applicable
I have built my first Rig, Coller Master 922, ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro, Intel I5 2500k, Cooler master hyper 212 Plus, XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 Graphics card, Corsair Pro HX 750 Watt PSU, Western digital 1TB 7200 64 cache HD with Crucial M4 64 gig SSD< Corsair 8gi of Vengance C8 Memory. I ran the auto OC and got to 4.3, everything seems fine except for when I cold boot the machine after 12 secs it momentarily shuts off and restarts again. It boots into windows and all seems fine, however, that can't be right. It takes about a min to boot into windows.

Any help from you guys would be appreciated...
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Some SB boards have a double post but manually setting the BCLK to 100 fixes it. I'd give that a try. Also check to see if there is a newer BIOS available.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Area_66
Level 11
hummmm Xero you probably means BCLK at 100

MarkedOne wrote:
hummmm Xero you probably means BCLK at 100

Oh! Yes that was a very bad typo. Edited! Thank you for catching that. Luckily he has not been back yet and no board/CPU was harmed in the making of my post.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:
Oh! Yes that was a very bad typo. Edited! Thank you for catching that. Luckily he has not been back yet and no board/CPU was harmed in the making of my post.

Thanks for the reply I set the recommended setting back to 100mhz and all is working, no double post but still a slow boot up time, 40 + sec. I am thankful for your help with this issue.

xeromist
The slow boot times can sometimes be helped by disabling features that you don't use. If you don't use a RAID controller, disable it. Multiple SATA controllers and you only use 1? Disable the 2nd one, etc.