cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Output From HD7770-DC-1GD5 in Windows XP after installing Catalyst

tkolarik
Level 9
I just went through the headache of installing Windows XP on my machine to play legacy games and while the monitor was attached before installing Catalyst drivers (as pass through) the display was fine. When I attempted to install Catalyst drivers, the display showed up as it booted but then the was no output. I could hear sounds but saw no picture.

Got drivers from both AMD and ASUS, both were the same, and then uninstalled and reinstalled... still no output.

Would let it update through Windows Update but can get that to stop never-ending searching for updates.

Any Ideas? Thanks!!!
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Check your cable has not come loose and if your input setting for the monitor matches the cable.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

martyn
Level 10
Multiple screens attatched? has it output to the other even if its turned off?
Rampage iv Extreme.....3930 i7.....32gb Corsair Vengeance....Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme....Matrix HD 7970 x 2 in crossfire....Creative Fatality Champion Soundcard - With front drive bay....Themaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1475 watt power supply.....Samsung SSD 830 512gb...Samsung 1TB HD x 2....Samsung Blu Ray drive....Samsung DVD drive...Windows 7 Ultimate....Thermaltake Overseer RX-1 case

tkolarik
Level 9
Go it working now... Not 100% sure this was totally it but I was using a DVI-D to HDMI cable and this works fine with Windows 7 on the other boot drive but for some reaseon I had to go HDMI to HDMI to get it to work. HDMI to HDMI does not get as clear a picture on my 24' TV/Monitor as does the DVI - HDMI connection. However, all is well, this is not my primary gaming rig so it will be OK!

Thanks guys for the help, especially HiVizMan for suggesting the cables!!!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers mate and all good that you are sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.