cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

SabaII
Level 7
Hey everyone. New guy here with a question that I could not find the answer to. I keep getting this message when I open RB,

Realbench does not have write access in this directory. Please move the application elsewhere on your drives!

I have moved the program around on my drives and have right clicked and opened in admin mode (even though I am the admin). J/w what needs to be done to get this to work. Sorry I am relatively new to the benchmarking community. Thanks for the help.
10 REPLIES 10

Chino
Level 15

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, probably best to put the RAR file on your desktop and extract it there...and leave the whole RealBench folder there...not just the exe. or a shortcut ...if you put it in the programs folder etc. you get this...

SabaII
Level 7
I did those things and am still having the issue.

IM2L844
Level 12
I did those things and am still having the issue.

What are you using to extract it? I had the same problem a while back using some app from the windows store. I had to use 7-Zip or WinZip to get it to work right.

IM2L844 wrote:
What are you using to extract it? I had the same problem a while back using some app from the windows store. I had to use 7-Zip or WinZip to get it to work right.

This! Wow all of that headache and I just needed to use 7 zip.

IM2L844
Level 12
This! Wow all of that headache and I just needed to use 7 zip.

Cool. Glad that worked for you. Happy benching!

IM2L844 wrote:
Cool. Glad that worked for you. Happy benching!

Thanks, got my first bench done. Now the tweaking.

http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=530

Nodens
Level 16
WinRAR would be just as good if someone uses that although 7zip is free and allows you to make .7z archives which are the best compression currently available. Have not tested WinZip but it should be fine as well.

That said there are a lot of compression/extraction tools out there and no one can possibly test them all for quirks. It's a standard .rar archive so any major tool should work. Random tools out there..well they may have bugs.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

IM2L844
Level 12
.7z archives which are the best compression currently available.

Didn't realize that. There are an amazing number of useful little tidbits that can be picked up for the taking all across these forums. Good information to have. Thanks.