cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trackpad and Random Minimizing While in Game

Gunnersrage
Level 7
Need Help with G75VX ROG Gaming Laptop
I'm not much of a techy guy when it comes to computers.... sorry.

I have recently obtained this new laptop for Best Buy and it is acting up in multiple ways. Not sure why, but it might be related to software.

When in game at full screen my game will go for about 30 min and then proceed to minimize in which I have to maximize the game again and it will minimize again. This only happens once per cycle, but still is quite annoying.

Also lately my trackpad has been freezing and not being able to click or move the mouse while in game, but works perfectly fine not in gaming.

Here are my computer specs:
Windows 8
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 8.00GB with 3072 dedicated
Memory: 8192 MB, 2x 4096 MB SO-DIMM DDR3-RAM PC3-12800
Graphics: NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX

Any help would be quit nice and thank you for your time.
10 REPLIES 10

Pitcher1
Level 9
please reinstall touchpad driver and try set up touchpad from your game.
but you say when you play game with 30 min, system is auto minimize your game window, it is strange, and computer still can work. please check CPU loading and temp.

Gunnersrage
Level 7
Sorry its the Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad that's acting up (don't know if different or same... sorry again) and yes the fullscreen window minimizes at least twice. I don't know if this is the problem, but, explorer.exe is constantly restarting especially when i click on the icon for my files and now when i right click some files or icons. Its also using 300 MB of memory and is not a virus (that i checked first).

Gunnersrage
Level 7
Okay so after uninstalling the Synaptics Drive (probably didn't have to) I remembered reading a post on disabling an option that freezes touchpad when typing. I tested this theory with killing floor and did not touch the keyboard to move and just used my touchpad. It worked flawlessly. If i could find that option or if someone knows about its location I would be grateful.
Other problems mentioned earlier I still have no clue on how to fix them.

Gunnersrage
Level 7
I found the setting to have no delay while typing. [Windows 8] Move cursor to top right corner > go to search > change everywhere to settings > type "Mouse" > choose "Mouse and touchpad settings" > then select "No Delay" on drop down menu under "Touchpad". Tested on Killing Floor again and it worked. Hope this helps others.

Still having issues with random minimizing and explorer.exe though.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Gunnersrage wrote:
I found the setting to have no delay while typing. [Windows 8] Move cursor to top right corner > go to search > change everywhere to settings > type "Mouse" > choose "Mouse and touchpad settings" > then select "No Delay" on drop down menu under "Touchpad". Tested on Killing Floor again and it worked. Hope this helps others.

Still having issues with random minimizing and explorer.exe though.

Thanks for letting us know how you solved the touchpad button click delay issue after using the keyboard.

You may have seen it already and hope it's okay to refer you to this link in the G750 section, but you might want to try disabling some of the edge sensitive features of your touchpad in Win8/8.1 through the Smart Gesture settings mentioned in the thread below to check if it makes a difference with the random minimizing.

Post #6 has a picture about accessing it if you're interested.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34995-Win8-Games-Minimizing-because-of-touchpad-solved&coun...

Thank you and disabling multi gestures was one of the first things I did when I got this laptop. I found the windows 8 layout annoying and even installed the classic start shell. Now I hardly ever see my tile screen.

I'm still trying to figure out the minimizing and explorer issues although almost all of the forums I view about the minimizing don't have any answers to them as well.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Sorry, I'm not much of a software expert, but wonder if you've determined that the minimizing and explorer issues are not related to the touchpad driver (remove or disable it and try testing with an external mouse temporarily to check?) and if you want to start looking at other software installed?

Not sure if Task Scheduler, Anti-virus, or other software (hope it's not the ASUS Live Update which you may just want to remove if installed) may be doing something related to this and want to start troubleshooting this way if it doesn't appear specific to the G75VX model or a very common issue with Win8?

Anyway, just wanted to run this by you.

Gunnersrage
Level 7
Will check out and have already started looking at task scheduler. Also i do not belive the touchpad has anything to do with the minimizing.

Ok so explorer.exe has stopped acting up, but occasionally it will still restart and also the minimizing is still occurring. Can't seem to figure it out