cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Error - Please help!

nicco
Level 7
Hey there,

I just got the ROG Maximus VI Hero. The rest of my specs are i7 4770k, corsair ax850, 16gb ddr3 1866mhz, obsidian 900d.

I use a Razer Death Adder as my mouse and a Black widow as my keyboard. The black widow has a USB pass through that uses 2
USB 2.0 ports. I usually connect my death adder through the USB pass through. Since installing the Maximus 6 it has not worked. I have made sure they are plugged into 2.0 ports and tested the mouse using another port on the back of the motherboard. Interestingly enough the headphone/mic port works perfectly fine. I've also tried all other ports for the keyboard. After doing some research, I'm assuming that it could be a power issue. I've tried plugging other things into the port on the keyboard, including my iPhone, which works. I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the razer synapse drivers and I've made sure that I have AI suite 3 and the latest bios including EZ Update. Has anyone heard of this before? and most importantly can it be fixed?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

jh30uk
Level 11
Not saying it is but if it is a power issue the Extreme has 2 extra connectionz to give extra power to I/O panel (so it claims), does the Formula have the same?

All my RoG Mobos had the EZ Plugs (2 of them) for PCI-E but I assume that 2nd smaller/new one is for the I/O panel.

jh30uk
Level 11
Not saying it is but if it is a power issue the Extreme has 2 extra connections to give extra power to I/O panel (so it claims), does the Formula have the same?

All my RoG Mobos had the EZ Plugs (2 of them) for PCI-E but I assume that 2nd smaller/new one is for the I/O panel.

nicco
Level 7
I have the Maximus Hero not the Extreme and there dont see to be any power EZ plugs

jh30uk
Level 11
I misread it as you had a Formula as I stated in my post.

Looking at your Mobo's manual it does not have any EZ-Plugs period.

nicco
Level 7
ah okay. So any ideas? Lol!

jh30uk
Level 11
In Bios try and disable Intel xHCI Mode in USB settings if you have it.

nicco
Level 7
That worked! Thank you so much!

jh30uk
Level 11
np.