cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHV & GTX 460 SE = No POST?

Retired
Not applicable
I've completely renewed all of my gears except EVGA GTX 460 SE. This is my second RMA card. My computer will not post and the VGA_LED is lit. I believe this card is defective. What can I do to fix the problem? Is this card not compatible with CHV?

The problem for me is not just black screen on windows startup, but also in post and bios. My system will just randomly lockup or not post at all.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Spec:
MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom 965 BE
RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws X 2x4gb DDR3-1600
Power Supply: Corsair TX950
Display: CHIMEI CMV 221A
Hard Drive: WD2001FASS
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
Haven't read anything about it not being acceptable, have you tried it in different PCI-E slots. Sometimes it will work better in one than another. Of course basic things like power supply inputs are correctly mounted and secure and that it is firmly locked into a slot are the usual culprits. If possible I would try the card on another MOBO to see if it was working there or not. If the connection is secure and it is not a bad port it seems most likely that your video card needs replacing.

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
nvidea .... on a AMD based board .. yeah its supposed to be SLI ready but I'll hold out buying NVIDA products until they are tested, tried and trued. Even then I've been whooping butt with my archaic ATI's against all the new stuff ATI and NVIDEA both. I think I'll stay faithfull to ATI for quite a while.. In any event Make sure you have ALL of the Power Connectors attached !! this is a common screw up. Happens to the best of us.
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

Try your GPU in another build

EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
nvidea .... on a AMD based board .. yeah its supposed to be SLI ready but I'll hold out buying NVIDA products until they are tested, .

Where is the problem to use an Nvidia GPU on a AMD board ???????? SLI ????? the OP don't have 2 x GPU. His problem is not there ...