cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag in BF4 after playing for 1 hr.... Help

ZERO013
Level 7
So I have a G750 JW... removed HD and installed Samsung evo 1tb SSD... updated to win 8.1, updated all drivers per Asus support site. i can get onto BF4 and play with ultra settings perfectly fine for about an hr... after that the Lag is severe and the WIFI doesn't seem to be an issue as speed test returns 37mbps here at work. That and in game my Ping is around 20-70 when Im lagging. I have GPU tweak installed and have tried with settings that people have posted up here in the forums as well as default and it doesn't help. i have adjusted settings in game to low and it doesn't help... I am always able to game perfectly fine when I first start up the computer and play then after about an hr it goes to crap... any thoughts on what might be my problem? running on the broadcom ac adapter that is updated to newest driver from asus...
G750 JW-DB71
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7 3770k
Coolermaster CM 690 Mid-Tower
Coolermaster V8
G.Skill Trident X 8GB 2400
EVGA GTX 670
Lite-On 12x BD burner
Lite-On 24x Dvd Burner
Asus VS247 Monitor x2
Corsair HX850w PS
OCZ Vertex 3 Max Iops 120GB
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
WD 2TB Caviar Black
Xigmatek 140mm Crystal series Red LED fan x4
Xigmatek 120mm Crystal series Red LED fan
Coolermaster 80mm slim backside MOBO processor section fan
9 REPLIES 9

hmscott
Level 12
ZERO013 wrote:
So I have a G750 JW... removed HD and installed Samsung evo 1tb SSD... updated to win 8.1, updated all drivers per Asus support site. i can get onto BF4 and play with ultra settings perfectly fine for about an hr... after that the Lag is severe and the WIFI doesn't seem to be an issue as speed test returns 37mbps here at work. That and in game my Ping is around 20-70 when Im lagging. I have GPU tweak installed and have tried with settings that people have posted up here in the forums as well as default and it doesn't help. i have adjusted settings in game to low and it doesn't help... I am always able to game perfectly fine when I first start up the computer and play then after about an hr it goes to crap... any thoughts on what might be my problem? running on the broadcom ac adapter that is updated to newest driver from asus...

The first test I would do is switch to ethernet under those degraded conditions and see if the performance improves. It could be your service provider, a node on the path to the game servers, your router heating up under steady packet traffic, etc, etc. There are lots of potential issue.

Switching to an SSD gets rid of the HD lag, but there are background processes - like anti-virus, anti-malware, indexing, paging...

Have you turned off Windows Pagefile? If you run fine for a while, and then it degrades like a switch flipping on, it might be Windows paging extending the pagefile - if you have "Let Windows Manage" the pagefile enabled.

I would turn off paging, if your memory is 8GB or greater, by setting the pagefile size to 0 (zero), that disables paging - you will need to reboot.

hmscott wrote:
The first test I would do is switch to ethernet under those degraded conditions and see if the performance improves. It could be your service provider, a node on the path to the game servers, your router heating up under steady packet traffic, etc, etc. There are lots of potential issue.

Switching to an SSD gets rid of the HD lag, but there are background processes - like anti-virus, anti-malware, indexing, paging...

Have you turned off Windows Pagefile? If you run fine for a while, and then it degrades like a switch flipping on, it might be Windows paging extending the pagefile - if you have "Let Windows Manage" the pagefile enabled.

I would turn off paging, if your memory is 8GB or greater, by setting the pagefile size to 0 (zero), that disables paging - you will need to reboot.

I'm pretty sure I took care of the pagfile size to 0 when I did the SSD install and set up... but I will double check that setting... could be the mcafee that comes with these laptops... I'm getting ready to dump it for my ESET that I have extra licenses of... so far it's the one AV program I have used that just won't bog down your system.. plus has a gaming setting so anything that pops up doesn't while you're in game... will update here once I have double checked the pagefile setting and changed out the AV software from the asus mcafee to my ESET...
G750 JW-DB71
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7 3770k
Coolermaster V8
EVGA GTX 670
Lite-On 12x BD burner
Lite-On 24x Dvd Burner
Asus VS247 Monitor x2
Corsair HX850w PS
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
WD 2TB Caviar Black

ZERO013 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I took care of the pagfile size to 0 when I did the SSD install and set up... but I will double check that setting... could be the mcafee that comes with these laptops... I'm getting ready to dump it for my ESET that I have extra licenses of... so far it's the one AV program I have used that just won't bog down your system.. plus has a gaming setting so anything that pops up doesn't while you're in game... will update here once I have double checked the pagefile setting and changed out the AV software from the asus mcafee to my ESET...

ZERO013, I uninstalled McAfee, as I use NIS 2014 - and that has a Silent mode for game playing - you can also disable anti-virus / firewall if so needed. You might check for those options to enable before starting a game.

hmscott wrote:
ZERO013, I uninstalled McAfee, as I use NIS 2014 - and that has a Silent mode for game playing - you can also disable anti-virus / firewall if so needed. You might check for those options to enable before starting a game.

McAfee is gone and my ESET v.7 is now installed, it has a gaming mode that puts everything on hold and no popups allowed so will see what happens today... also I did confirm that my page file is set to 0..
G750 JW-DB71
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7 3770k
Coolermaster V8
EVGA GTX 670
Lite-On 12x BD burner
Lite-On 24x Dvd Burner
Asus VS247 Monitor x2
Corsair HX850w PS
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
WD 2TB Caviar Black

ZERO013 wrote:
McAfee is gone and my ESET v.7 is now installed, it has a gaming mode that puts everything on hold and no popups allowed so will see what happens today... also I did confirm that my page file is set to 0..

Did you turn off / disable Windows Search Indexing service? Cyberlink DVD also has a media indexing process that you can disable from their settings in the DVD program.

hozer
Level 7
Well IMHO Dice Sucks. Both BF3 & BF4 are nothing but a big hack fest. That is why I did not buy BF4. BF4 had hax out before BF4 was released ROFLMFAO. Now I play BF3 only when I'm board because of all the hax. Now I run BF3 with all settings on Ultimate with no problems with my G750. I have a nVida GTX 765m video card. I only play for about 2 hours max with no problems. I also run a SSD drive. I do not run Windows 8. Why? Cuz W8 Sucks! I run my G750 on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hozer ---> A W8 Hater!

hozer wrote:
Well IMHO Dice Sucks. Both BF3 & BF4 are nothing but a big hack fest. That is why I did not buy BF4. BF4 had hax out before BF4 was released ROFLMFAO. Now I play BF3 only when I'm board because of all the hax. Now I run BF3 with all settings on Ultimate with no problems with my G750. I have a nVida GTX 765m video card. I only play for about 2 hours max with no problems. I also run a SSD drive. I do not run Windows 8. Why? Cuz W8 Sucks! I run my G750 on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hozer ---> A W8 Hater!

Hey...Troll...If it isn't constructive help for solving the issue then please cork it.... obviously if your running a totally different OS then U are of no help...
G750 JW-DB71
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel I7 3770k
Coolermaster V8
EVGA GTX 670
Lite-On 12x BD burner
Lite-On 24x Dvd Burner
Asus VS247 Monitor x2
Corsair HX850w PS
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
WD 2TB Caviar Black

sasuke256
Level 7
the game is lagging ? or the network is lagging i dont really get what is the issue..
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

sasuke256 wrote:
the game is lagging ? or the network is lagging i dont really get what is the issue..

Good point sasuke256.

ZERO013, did you run on Ethernet for a while to rule out Wifi? Even if you are getting good throughput on Wifi for large transfers, you might be getting lag on smaller packets, it is always good to switch to all wired for gaming anyway.