Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAIDR Windows 8.1 Installation Gives Error 0xC0000005

dongcarl
Level 7
Hi All,

First time posting.
I just got some beautiful hardware and am frustrated that the RAIDR is the only piece not working. I am trying to install Windows 8.1 on the RAIDR, and everytime the "Getting files ready for installtion" reaches 88% it says "Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation. Error code: 0x0000005" I eliminated the possibility of this being a fault of anything other than the RAIDR by successfully installing on a HDD.

I've read some of the posts and here's what I tried:

Removed all other storage, disabled CMS, Windows Secure Boot, pressed new on partition step in installation to get 4 partitions
Removed all other storage, enabled CMS, Other Secure Boot, pressed new on partition step in installation to get 4 partitions

This gets really annoying as I have to SecureErase it each time since diskpart can't clean partitions marked as boot...

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, Dominator Platinum, and 780 Ti... If that helps?

THANKS ALL!!
9 REPLIES 9

Nodens
Level 16
Sounds like RAM issue. Test your RAM with Memtest86+
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Sounds like RAM issue. Test your RAM with Memtest86+

Running it now... Just curious... Why would RAM be a problem when I installed and booted fine on a HDD?

Nodens
Level 16
Because a particular issue may not trigger while working with the HDD as the I/O is slower by far.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Because a particular issue may not trigger while working with the HDD as the I/O is slower by far.

Memtest86+ 5.01 reports: "Pass complete, no errors, press Esc to exit"
What do I do 😞

dongcarl wrote:
Memtest86+ 5.01 reports: "Pass complete, no errors, press Esc to exit"
What do I do 😞

How much RAM are you using? And how long did it take Memtest86+ to finish?

Chino wrote:
How much RAM are you using? And how long did it take Memtest86+ to finish?

I was using 32GB of RAM Corsair CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 and I checked about 5 hours and 30 mins after I started and it finished the first pass and was at 57% on the second pass. Thanks so much in advance!!

Nodens
Level 16
If this happens with stock settings entirely (including RAM, no XMP) and you have tested a different cable and flashed the RAIDR witht he firmware update, RMA it.

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
If this happens with stock settings entirely (including RAM, no XMP) and you have tested a different cable and flashed the RAIDR witht he firmware update, RMA it.

I feel so dumb... turns out it was the installation source's problem. Thanks everyone!

dongcarl wrote:
I feel so dumb... turns out it was the installation source's problem. Thanks everyone!

Could you explain what you mean by that? I'm having the same issue. I just upgraded my motherboard (ASUS Maximus VII Hero) and CPU, and kept RAM the same, but having issues reinstalling windows. Not using RAIDR though.