cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JW Backlight bleed.

WinterMisha
Level 7
Hello.
Around month ago i purchase G750JW from ebay.
First thing that i notice was backlight bleed.I told seller about the problem and ship the laptop back.
Few days ago i got the replacement and its have exactly the same issue.
So i wonder is this normal for G750JW?
I am really upset becouse shipping cost me 56.20$ and now i have to ship it back again... So 112.40$ and one moth of my time right in to the trash can...
Here is the video of what is going on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0bWnMgVj_U
Thank you
13 REPLIES 13

Pitcher1
Level 9
send to RMA to check

Hello.
I send it already and they ship me the replacement one .And it does the same thing!
Thank you

WinterMisha wrote:
Hello.
I send it already and they ship me the replacement one .And it does the same thing!
Thank you

You RMA'd it to Asus, or did the vendor replace it with another unit?

You did write down the serial number so you could tell it wasn't the same unit shipped back to you?

No, this isn't normal. I have seen back light bleed on laptops, but not on any of the G750's I have personally seen - 3 of my own, and several in shops.

Hello.
Its not the same laptop because there is no more bleeds on the bottom only on the right side.
I have warranty but what ASUS going to do about it? Send me another one ?Replace a new screen?How long is this going to take ?I already spend month of time...
I am really lost.. I do really like the laptop but those inconveniences are really frustrating.
Thank you

Sava_Ford
Level 7
I have G750JH and I have same problem with screen. Right side of screen-corner, I can see bleed, but I think that is not big problem 😄 I talk with my friend in IT shop, and he says to me that happening xD maybe I can return, but I cant wait month or two to fix the problem 🙂

Hello.
This is really sad... JH cost around 2200$
I am probably going to return it at Monday because i can't wait too for another few month!
As i said i do really like the machine but i am really afraid to try again.What if the 3d laptop going to have same issue...
Will probably try that MSI GT70 with GTX 770m card.What do you guys think about it ?
Thank you

WinterMisha wrote:
Hello.
This is really sad... JH cost around 2200$
I am probably going to return it at Monday because i can't wait too for another few month!
As i said i do really like the machine but i am really afraid to try again.What if the 3d laptop going to have same issue...
Will probably try that MSI GT70 with GTX 770m card.What do you guys think about it ?
Thank you

The GT70 is noisy when running games and heating up the graphics card. You will miss the G750.

So you are still dealing with the ebay seller? Get your money back, and buy from a normal brick and mortor dealer, and unbox the laptop at the store and look at it there to make sure it is what you want. Then you don't have to wait for shipping back and forth.

Asus turned around my laptop in few days, and shipped it back Fedex, the same way I shipped it to Asus. It didn't take months, or even weeks, just days.

Hello.
Your probably right about MSI.
I do really like G750 and i don't want to switch i am just kinda upset.
I will give ASUS 3d chance and if the 3d laptop going to have same issue i would just send it for warranty so they can fix it up for me.
Its not like the problem is so serious,you wont even notice it at first place.You can only see it when the screen is black or really dark picture,anywhere else its just fine but for me everything suppose to be perfect.Especially after you told me that is not normal.Try to understand I just got the laptop and i don't want it to be broken already,i don't want to call for warranty when i don't even have time to enjoy it..
And what do i save? Shipping cost me 200$ already i could just add some more and buy JX for 1500$ NEW on EBAY.....
Anyways i will return it and try one more time

Quick Note:
About Manufacture Refurbished Laptops on Ebay:
Manufacture Refurbished laptop is a laptop that was returned by costumer usually for no reason or not even used,suppose to be inspected by Manufacture,fixed up by Manufacture if needed,be in same condition as new one and come direct from Manufacture in sealed box. Difference between New and Manufacture refurbished is Warranty and Price.Warranty on Manufacture Refurbished Items is 3 -12 month.
What EBAY sellers do !BE AWARE!
They buy or get for free some junk used laptops and list them on Ebay as Manufacture Refurbished and sell to fools like me and you that wanna save some money!
Telling this from my own experience.
And by the way if your looking on ebay to buy one,i can give you a little advice : Do not buy from this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-G750JW-BBI7N05-Gaming-Laptop-Notebook-i7-4700HQ-8GB-1TB-1080P-nVidia-76...

Don't make the same mistake as i did.
Thank you

Note:
About Manufacture Refurbished Laptops on Ebay:
Manufacture Refurbished laptop is a laptop that was returned by costumer usually for no reason or not even used,suppose to be inspected by Manufacture,fixed up by Manufacture if needed,be in same condition as new one and come direct from Manufacture in sealed box. Difference between New and Manufacture refurbished is Warranty and it cost less.Warranty on Manufacture Refurbished Items is 3 -12 month.
What EBAY sellers do !BE AWARE!
They buy or get for free some junk used laptops and list them on Ebay as Manufacture Refurbished and sell to fools like me and you that wanna save some money!
Thank you