Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Fan error, press F1, to continue

LuisT
Level 7
Hello guys,

Maybe someone can help me....
I have my new computer since yesterday, but Im having some problems, when I turn on my computer I get the error "CPU Fan error, press F1, to continue".
After some googling, I have found out that probably the bord or cpu have the default cooler the "stock cooler" and I have the NOCTUA NH-U12S U-TYPE.

My board:
ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME C2

My CPU:
INTEL CORE i7 4770K (3.5GHZ) SKT 1150

I know that this is happening because the RPM is around 400 when needs to be above 600.

There is some ways to fix this issue like:
- change in BIOS to ignore this
- change in BIOS to modify 600 to 300

My question, do you suggest making this change in BIOS? Will the low RPM not affect the performance of my computer?
I was thinking in remove the NOCTUA NH-U12S U-TYPE and add the original cooler that come with my CPU... is this a better solution and will fix my RPM and will have a better temperature with the original?

Here are some photos of temperatures and case:

What do you think about this temperatures?
About the last photo, the cooler fan is too close to the case fan. Is this an problem? The other side I have the RAM sticks...

Asus source:
http://support.asus.com/FAQ/Detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&no=87623475-DF62-721C-8F37-19AD7464D6CB&p=1&m=M...
3 REPLIES 3

RBg73sw
Level 7
i have the same problem i choose to use ignore coz i wont effect your cpu, when the system start the temp is low and u do not need high RPM so that is why it is running in low RPM and when the temp increase the RPM. so changing your cooler fan is not a big difference if the fan perform it's job correctly

kkn
Level 14
lower the rpm alarm.

HiVizMan
Level 40
kkn has the correct answer. The fan you are using runs slower than the 600 RMP threshold. Drop that and all sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.