cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATK Does not work on Login for windows 8

Thecrowlife
Level 7
The ATK boots up when login into windows, but after restart, it does not show the light, How ever if you login it does.

I tried to add it into services but it saids there is one but I can't find it....

Other issue is, that all of the drivers, from ATK works on boot other then KB Lighting... unless you login into windows then it starts up, but when you logout it works, its the issue with starting it up into via loging does not seem to work ---

I tired to unstall it and reinstall it, but noting still.... so I wonder if ROG as bug into ATK and if so - Where do I tell them?

My laptop is, G75vw
14 REPLIES 14

Xylem
Level 7
I have the same issue on a G75VX, it's nothing serious. It just makes logging in at night harder because I can't see the keys when the room light isn't on.

Thecrowlife
Level 7
is there a way to start it up when at boot?

I have the same thing. It is from the drivers not from the laptop. That's how they have designed the drivers, crappy as always. You can't do anything about it.

Thecrowlife
Level 7
i see, well they need to fix it... or at least get drivers for linux if they are lazy on windows

Pitcher1
Level 9
so press function key not help? i think G75 have support ATK driver for win 8.

Thecrowlife
Level 7
nah, does not work well, only if your loged into windows, but when booting up it does not show up...

how ever, Ubuntu it will show up fine, but the screen does not lmao

ggBanks
Level 10
They will never make drivers for Linux. Just look at the Windows support, its so bad that it makes me laugh. For example the latest bios for the G55 is version 217. That version got my computer bricked twice just by entering the BIOS and selecting the "Save and exit" option and i had to send it for repair in another country!!! Still they haven't released a new version that fixes the issue. When I got my computer from the last repair they have again installed the 217 version on it, and now I am afraid to even go into the BIOS. I always reinstall my OS through the boot device select utility, which allows me to boot from any device without going into the BIOS. So that at least works as intended...

Thecrowlife
Level 7
i have 223 on my, how ever. it seem i made a bad mistake buying this G75vw that cost me about $6,000 just to get no where..
as for linux, i seen them working on it, but the only issue is the screen lighting is way bright - ever thing else will work as long you install the driver that came with it... as for windows support ATK drivers, well they should really help there clients or some day they will lose them due to bad services..

is there any linux user here other then me can put our heads and get the screen lighting to work?

Thecrowlife wrote:
i have 223 on my, how ever. it seem i made a bad mistake buying this G75vw that cost me about $6,000 just to get no where..
as for linux, i seen them working on it, but the only issue is the screen lighting is way bright - ever thing else will work as long you install the driver that came with it... as for windows support ATK drivers, well they should really help there clients or some day they will lose them due to bad services..

is there any linux user here other then me can put our heads and get the screen lighting to work?

The KB lighting issue on logon is within BIOS programing, anything above BIOS V.210 you lose your KB lighting at logon screen.
I have tested this issue, and every BIOS update above V.210 has no KB lighting.
I'm running W7, so V.210 works just find for me!
I have no idea why Asus hasn't fixed this BIOS bug with logon KB lighting.
It kind of makes you wonder, how much testing does Asus do for all these BIOS updates? (three in all after V.210)
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"