ROG Enthusiast Array

cross SLI between Intel and NF200?

Can you SLI between the two chips? Only wonder because we got some 570 dirct CU 2's in at work and I'm toying with the idea of getting them. Only issue is the size means they will be against each other if I put both in the Intel slots. I would test on my machine but wont be able to for a while. Down while some parts RMA.

So, has it been done? Can it be done?

jhuk
    If you mean like SLI but with 1 Nvidia and the Intel IPGU in the CPU then there is a way and Nvidia call it Synergy (aka Optimus) to help in games and no doubt encode/recode also!

ATI are also working on it also to directly compete with Intels claims of faster encoded (though many do not know its poorer quality on the IGPU).

There is no way in hell the IGPU should be faster than both ATI and Nvidia if they actually supported it 100%

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4292/n...esktop-optimus

I think that link is about the same power saving though its shown that new GPU use very low power at idle and aimed at encoding as Intel but I did see game benches with the 2 running together with good games in FPS but cannot remember where sorry!

Prophet, yes you can. The NF200 is there for just that purpose. There may be some added latency from the chip but overall it will not be noticeable with the 570s.

jhuk
    I read his post as he wants to SLI a Intel IGPU with a Nvidia due to his title lol.

AFAIK it will run SLI at PCI-E 2.0 8x+8x to not use the NF200 till you add a 3rd card or choose certain slots!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Praz, thanks. I was just not sure if it would support that based on how things are written in the manual. Thank you.

The configurations given in the manual if for best performance. When testing the board I ran two 570s in the slots you propose with a PCIe drive in the second Intel PCIe x16 slot without issue.