Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

G750JX noisy fans

When I turn on my new G750JX, after minute or two it starts to spin it's fans.
    Few minutes later, it spins them on higher speed and the noise becomes very noticable.
    No heavy process is started and CPU load goes from 0% to 3%.
    After starting some heavier process like watching Youtube videos, it starts to produce even more noise.
    Room temperature in which I keep my laptop is 23 degrees Celsius.
    I tried with changing Power options but it didn't help.
    Is this normal?
    Should I return my G750JX?
    Or is there a way to slow down fan speed?
    I bought this laptop for sound editing because it has enough power and speed for the software I use.
    Based on some recommendations and internet reviews I thought it woud be quite silent .
    My wife has an MacBook Pro and when she's watching videos or browsing, fans don't start to work and her computer is absolutely silent.

Thanks,
    Alan

P.S. I also noticed that turning off wireless network makes fans turn on less frequently.
    Last edited by Studio 45; 11-01-2013 at 02:15 AM.

New ROGer Array

i think you sent back to check or return, will be better. i think you still in warranty.

ROG Member Array

Yes, my G750JX is completly new.
    Before I start to bother with return or repairment, has anyone else had this same experience?
    Is it normal for this model to run it's fans almost all the time?
    Now I also noticed that after powering on G750JX and turning only Internet Explorer on makes it's fans to start.
    Last edited by Studio 45; 11-01-2013 at 01:56 PM.

ROG Member Array

.... no.

Only times when my fans are extremely loud is when I run some benchmarks, even Battlefield 4 doesn't make it noisy as hell.

I would get a new one since your under waranty (If your under a store warranty usually 7-10 days I would get a new box ASAP instead of waiting on support)

this is my opinion.
    Last edited by Wanderlust; 11-01-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: grammar error :3
    ASUS ROG G750JX-RB71 | Intel Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz | 12GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 770M | 750GB Harddrive | Sudden Attack North America Player (SANA) | Starcraft 2 Custom Game Player | Diablo 3 | Steam User | League of Legends (Under lvl 30 atm) | Phantasy Star Online 2 (Japanese Ver.) | OPEN TO TRY NEW GAMES EVERYDAY

wanderlust - a strong desire to travel to anywhere to any places.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Download HWMonitor (google it) and check what the temperatures are for the CPU and GPU when idle (but when fans spin loudly). It's likely a bad paste job causing overheating even under light load, and would require RMA, but at least you'd know what's going on.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array iweber95's Avatar

You should return it. My 750 is almost always silent. Must be a software bug and you should get your computer replaced.

Hope everything goes smoothly during the return process if that's what you choose to do.

Best of luck sir.
    ASUS G750JX
    CPU: Intel Quad Core I7-4700HQ @ 3.4GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M @ 932Mhz
    RAM: 16GB
    Memory: 1TB + 256GB SSD

ROG Member Array

Thanks everyone on quick replies.
    I downloaded HWmonitor and did some tests (with and without battery - situation is similar).
    When I turn on G750 , go to desktop and no program is running except HWmonitor, THRM temperature (I suppose this is sensor somewhere inside laptop) is cca 43, CPU temperature is cca 43 degrees and GPU temperature is also 43 degrees.
    Then THRM temperature quickly climbs to 45 degrees and fans start to work.
    After two or three minutes, it falls to 42 degrees and fans turn off.
    Then again, few minutes later, it climbs back to 45 degrees and fans start to spin again.
    Also, I noticed strange behavior of CPU sensor.
    It shows 43 degrees and suddenly it jumps to 55 degrees for one second, then returns to 43 making fans to start spinning again.
    Is this something that other users experience on their G750's?
    Tomorrow morning I'll go the vendor who sold me this laptop and I would like to have some good argumets for replacement.
    I also did one test with IntelBurnTest v2.54 in Standard mode.
    CPU temperature climbed to 93 degrees Celsius in a few seconds, and havent't passed that temperature during 2 minute test,
    Fans were pretty noisy, especially left one, produced high pitched noise like jet plane is going to take off.

Thanks again,
    Alan
    Last edited by Studio 45; 11-01-2013 at 07:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

I also remembered one thing now.
    When I turned on this laptop for the first time I got this message on a blue screen:
    "Recovery
    Your PC couldn't turn off properly
    The operating system on Your PC failed to turn off properly and needs to be repaired
    Error code: 0xc0000001
    You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.
    If You don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."

Does this mean that somebody used it before me?

Thanks again,
    Alan

New ROGer Array

the only time it gets noisy for me is when i render videos using adobe premier pro or after effects, that too only the left hand side one as it is for cpu ( right one is for gpu)
    that made me think the right hand side fan does not work and i had to put my ear on it to make sure it works.
    so thats how silent it can be in ideal conditions.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello.

I have an Asus G750JX for nearly two months.
    Nothing special to report , however, since the first day of use , I feel that the fans are too present.
    For example, whether on battery or "performance" mode, or "energy saving " mode, the fans are equally present.
    When I play the game, the fans become louder, so, it is not at max yet.

TEMPS 5mn after reboot
    CPU Freq: 800mh
    Core temps ° average 44
    GPU temps: 38°

But for example, as I write this post, I 'm on battery save mode , I make no particular thing, and the fan is still in continuous operation , on both CPU and GPU. Sometimes the GPU fan get lower.
    In front of the screen, I just hear a constant little "buruuusushshs"

It seems to me quite disturbing . Because I had the opportunity to test the latest retina macbook this afternoon and stay completely silent , even when benched and for the same perfs ! (except for the graphics card of course)
    However, the G750 a large heatsink , it should be silent! But it's really the opposite!
    I also read on forum that when on battery , sometimes the fans are supposed to stop. In my case, they have never stopped !
    Sometimes it happens to it, when I really do anything to become a quieter a notch. You can almost no hear the fans anymore . But this is very rare.

I started to watch a video, and the graphic card started blowing air a bit. Now both are a bit warm and ven if I have closed the movie, it remains warm and still blow.

What do you think ?

I can make a video if you're interested
    Last edited by dboris; 11-07-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast