cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero - High temperature

Gimberg
Level 7
Hi, I recently got a 4770K and a Asus Maximus Vi Hero. But when i had installed windows and AI suite 3 i noticed that the motherboard was running a little hot, around 60C degrees.

So i asked a bunch of people with the same MB and they all had between 25-35C degrees so I got my MB exchanged for a new one (As the guy on the Asus support told me to do) but i still get the same temperature.

I have also checked in the bios and HWMonitor but get the same temp. So is something wrong with this MB too or what's the problem? :confused:
22 REPLIES 22

pills
Level 7
Please post the rest of your components/case and what system setting you're currently running at (stock/OC?) Also what CPU cooler are you using and what CPU temperature are you seeing when the MB temps are so high? If this has happened to you twice in a row then there has got to be something else going on here other than just your board. My MB temp is around 25C. Does the inside of your case and MB itself physically feel super hot?
I5-6600k @ 4.7Ghz @1.385v | Corsair H100i cooler | Asus Hero viii | 16gb Gskill Ripjaws V 3000 CL15 | EVGA 980ti SC 6GB | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO

ewind
Level 10
I would think 2 diff. MB's would not have the same problem so it more likely not that. What kind of case and air flow do you have as well CPU cooler? Mine stays around 28c to about 35c on load ... I would think it more to do air flow then the board it's self.
Corsair 200R
Intel i5 4670k
Corsair H75
Maximus Hero
8GB G.Skill RipJaws (1600Mhz)
EVGA GTX 760 SC
Seagate 240GB SSD
WD 750GB Storage Drive
EVGA NEX 750 Gold PSU
Windows 7 64bit

pills wrote:
Please post the rest of your components/case and what system setting you're currently running at (stock/OC?) Also what CPU cooler are you using and what CPU temperature are you seeing when the MB temps are so high? If this has happened to you twice in a row then there has got to be something else going on here other than just your board. My MB temp is around 25C. Does the inside of your case and MB itself physically feel super hot?

ewind wrote:
I would think 2 diff. MB's would not have the same problem so it more likely not that. What kind of case and air flow do you have as well CPU cooler? Mine stays around 28c to about 35c on load ... I would think it more to do air flow then the board it's self.

AMD 7970 3GB, 2 x 120GB OCZ Agility 3 in Raid 0, Seagate 2TB Barracuda and a Fractal Design XL that is modded to fit a 280mm rad in the top. Both the GPU and CPU is watercooled with 280mm + 140mm radiators and they are both running at stock speed. The CPU and GPU is getting around 28C degrees (May vary 2 degrees) at a room temp of 20 degrees. And the MB physically feel like it's hot, definitely not around 30 degrees.

I sure that the air flow isn't the problem because i have the side panel open when i have these temps. Also when i point a fan at 60% on the MB it can go down to around 48 degrees.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of HWmonitor where it shows this temperature?

Here you go 🙂

Chino
Level 15

No, it's just the CPU and GPU. And the loop goes like this. Pump/reservoir > 280mm rad > CPU > 140mm rad > GPU 🙂

ewind
Level 10
I only see one fan running. Only water block for the Hero is Mosfet. oh my bad they do have Northbridge block now.
Corsair 200R
Intel i5 4670k
Corsair H75
Maximus Hero
8GB G.Skill RipJaws (1600Mhz)
EVGA GTX 760 SC
Seagate 240GB SSD
WD 750GB Storage Drive
EVGA NEX 750 Gold PSU
Windows 7 64bit

The "fan" connected is the pump rest of the 4 fans is connected to a fan controller 🙂