Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Easy thing to test, open HWmonitor and have a fan blowing across the motherboard and see if there is any movement.

I can not help but wonder if the motherboard sensor is not working.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I guess I just fine kind off that two diff. system board would have the same problem. Althou I hope you get it fix easily.
    Corsair 200R
    Intel i5 4670k
    Corsair H75
    Maximus Hero
    8GB G.Skill RipJaws (1600Mhz)
    EVGA GTX 760 SC
    Seagate 240GB SSD
    WD 750GB Storage Drive
    EVGA NEX 750 Gold PSU
    Windows 7 64bit

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Easy thing to test, open HWmonitor and have a fan blowing across the motherboard and see if there is any movement.

I can not help but wonder if the motherboard sensor is not working.
    Hmm, me to but what are the odds that the both MB is showing the same temp x). Now when I have pointed a fan at the MB the temp, HWMonitor is showing ~47C degrees but when i feel on the heatsink i feels slight warmer than the room temp.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well that is unusually high. Which heatsink did you touch, between the PCIE slots and SATA ports? That is your PCH, and should have its own temperature. I don't know where the motherboard sensor is located, mine rises a few degrees when the air in my case gets a bit hotter. Haven't seen it go above low 30's, with about 20 degrees ambient temp and a closed (CM690II) case. (point being 58 is very high).

What I was wondering, which way does your air flow?
    Maximus VI Hero / i5 4670K / GTX 760 / 8GB DDR3 1600 / Seasonic M12II 650

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbat View Post
    Well that is unusually high. Which heatsink did you touch, between the PCIE slots and SATA ports? That is your PCH, and should have its own temperature. I don't know where the motherboard sensor is located, mine rises a few degrees when the air in my case gets a bit hotter. Haven't seen it go above low 30's, with about 20 degrees ambient temp and a closed (CM690II) case. (point being 58 is very high).

What I was wondering, which way does your air flow?
    Yeah, i touch the heatsink between the PCIe and SATA ports. I thought the sensor was located near the heatsink or in the chipset. I don't have a side panel on the case right now but i have 1 intake fan in the front then 1 in the rear which the air is going through a radiator then i have 2 outtake in the top which is pulling through a radiator.

If any one know where the sensor is located, please tell me, I looked in the manual but couldn't find anything

ROG Enthusiast Array

To summarize, 2 intakes (front, back through rad), 2 outtakes (top through rad). Shouldn't pose a problem. Could you perhaps still have the first board (and a faulty sensor)?

Also this;
    Quote Originally Posted by pills View Post
    Does the inside of your case and MB itself physically feel super hot?
    Oops, you answered that. So the board itself gets hot .. 58 degrees should be quite hot to the touch alright.
    Last edited by Sherbat; 01-21-2014 at 05:20 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This is without heat generating from the 140 rad right? Basically idle?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbat View Post
    This is without heat generating from the 140 rad right? Basically idle?
    Yepp

ROG Member Array

This is what i got from the ASUS support

Hello,
    The temp of 60C on the chipset if you have done no overclocking is a bit high for this.
    As it should be around 34-40ish during normal.
    so that could mean the heat sink have poor connection here.

Do not tamper with this heatsink as it will void your warranty if you do.

My only advice is to either take it back to the store and explain the issue there, as they are the service point.

Or just use it and if the system starts to experience instability, it might be due to damage caused by prolonged overheating and thus easier to service it as they can "see" the error then.

Please rate this email. Your satisfaction is very important for us. If you think we could have done anything more to assist you please let us know by replying this email. Your feedback will be passed to the person or persons related.
    Now is the question what should i do? Return it and get a new board for the 3rd time or wait and see if the system gets unstable? :/

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I suggest if it is bugging you to have a fan blowing over the NB.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast