cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Help installing new BIOS! (209)

kidfromhell
Level 9
I bought my G750JX last week and did a clean install of 8.1 using the tutorial directed to by one of the threads over here! Whilst checking the ASUS support site for updates, I found that new BIOS has been released and I want to update to it. When running the BIOS flashing utility provided by ASUS, it doesn't install and says that it can install only on ASUS notebooks though mine is. The problem is with the clean installation of 8.1 which doesn't allow me to install the utility. Is there any workarounds to flash the bios? I'm new to UEFI BIOS so please do help me 🙂
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
kidfromhell wrote:
I bought my G750JX last week and did a clean install of 8.1 using the tutorial directed to by one of the threads over here! Whilst checking the ASUS support site for updates, I found that new BIOS has been released and I want to update to it. When running the BIOS flashing utility provided by ASUS, it doesn't install and says that it can install only on ASUS notebooks though mine is. The problem is with the clean installation of 8.1 which doesn't allow me to install the utility. Is there any workarounds to flash the bios? I'm new to UEFI BIOS so please do help me 🙂

The easiest way is to schedule to BIOS update from a windows utility that you can download from Asus:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G750JX&hashedid=x1g0H6pE0yWYGV8x

It schedules the BIOS update, reboots, and the BIOS is updated, and then boots into Windows.

You can also put the unzipped BIOS update at the top of the C drive, use Shift-CTL-Alt Reboot from the Charm bar and select UEFI BIOS changes to get into the BIOS and do the BIOS update from the BIOS - a bit more trouble, but does the same thing.

In the old days the Windows utility for updating the BIOS was dangerous because it actually did the BIOS reflash while running Windows - and if Windows crashed / etc your BIOS flash might be incomplete - not so with the current winflash - it only schedules the update and does it from the BIOS after shutting down WIndows.

Thanx a lot! But the software cannot be used due to the problem I've mentioned above though I managed to flash it via the BIOS.

kidfromhell wrote:
Thanx a lot! But the software cannot be used due to the problem I've mentioned above though I managed to flash it via the BIOS.

Ah, now I get it, winflash won't run... you might try loading some other Asus stuff, NOT SPLENDID / POWER4GEAR, like ATK and ?... that might help it recognize the Asus'ness of the laptop, but I guess for now you don't need to worry about it 🙂

I do have them installed but still it doesn't recognize. Anyways, the problem is solved. Thanks again 🙂

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think ezflsh in BIOS is better way to flsh BIOS.

CruiserX
Level 7
What changes do u notice after upgrading to 209?
Is it a major update?
Any known issues fixed?
Mainly is the NVidia driver issue fixed?