ROG Member Array

Asus worth it instead of other laptop?

I'll post this here since I think I got into the wrong forum (sorry, if its wrong ill gladly delete it)

Worth it as a replacement?
    So I'm in Mexico and what I wanted to see is if this computer is a good replacement for the razer blade or gigabyte p34g. I'd say "replacement" because I know that there is no direct replacement for specs such as the razer blade for that weight. However I don't mind the fact that it is 2.5kg (.8kg more).

The specs on the Asus G46vw I would be buying would specifically be of:

Intel Core i7 3610 QM 2.3 GHz Processor
    16GB Ram or 8 GB Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 670MX 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
    128 GB SSD
    750 GB HDD

I'm not sure but I've heard really really good things about ASUS as a maker and not so much about Razer and that would be another reason I wanna buy this computer. So what do you guys think ? Should I buy this computer as it is my only choice left since I live in Mexico or wait for a miracle and buy another gaming laptop?
    The reason I want a 14 inch and not the G750 is because I personally need to take it to college too so I don't want to double the weight too.
    Also do you guys think its a comparable notebook to the razer blade? and could I smoothly run games?

I know that prices aren't really comparable since its 1500$ (here in mexico) vs a 2000$ but I'm pretty sure the gigabyte p34g (1400$) has similar specs. So any feedback? I'm really inclined towards ASUS since they have really good products and impeccable service

Simple, you answered your own question. Get it. Those specs are more than enough to run games, without a doubt, though the lack of a 1080p screen would be a turn-off for me. Other than that, it's one of the best 14-inch gaming notebooks that you can find. Welcome to the forums!
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23