Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array cravinmild's Avatar

my buddie has given me his broken ps3, he was hoping i could do something with it. After a few weeks of utubing it i think i found a proper fix..and some light modding lol. Anyways i had him pick up a heatgun and reflux, ill attempt to cook the mobo to fix cracks in the solder which is beleaved to be the casue of most ps3 deaths. Ill also redo the TIM for him, pretty sure its cooked dry. That should hold me over for a week or so befor the itch comes back, dont know what to do after that.

Side note, i just lost another moniitor, screen just went grey and onscreen menue does not work, im using a 42 inch plasma off a twenty foot vga cable, pretty hard to see what im writing right now. The screen was nine years old, the first flat panal monitors ever released so whatever it sucks but what do you do. I go up and buy some pos to get me by, return it when my 3d monitor get fixed or if i can find another 3d monitor online to buy. sucks but ill be rocking 1080p before its returned....time for some benchmarking WOOT

So i picked up a new sammy 27" 1ms response monitor....i like it. I told myself that i would just use it for a day or two but its just sooo nice, shinny. The lights match my pc, its soo pretty. I have to turn my head to see the whole screen and ive never acutally had a full 1080p screen but now that i have, its so pretty. If i think about it, my 3d monitor will be fixed someday so why suffer while i wait right. Perhaps ill just leave it on the desk for a few more days, for the wife. She really needs to have something to facebook and stuff im sure of it.

That is soooooooo 1337! Very nice mod!

I did return the screen the next day, just future shop anyways, bit of payback for their gouge rates. Bought an Asus 23" 3d monitor, just had too. The 3d is much better than my samsung 2233rz and its 1080p...WOOT i can make 3d photos again.

Back on topic

1014 by cravinmild, on Flickr
    1014 core and completed Unigine without crashing the drivers so that was nice. It was not the highest, i hit 1027 but when trying to get a screen shot the Matrix downclocked on me to 816 exiting out of Unigine fullscreen. Tried to disable 2d clocks and froze the system, lost my drivers, oc utilitys and the ablitliy to use a monitor. Spent the rest of the afternoon reloading all the stuff lol. Needless to say no pic no proof right.
    Once i figure out all that stuff on gpu tweak im sure to get this higher yet. Love the water setup, never when above 47c on max volts.

Sorry about the pic, bit fuzzy as flickr likes to resize but i do have a pic so its true WOOT

I did another mod to my 580 Matrix/H70 mod watercooled card. I went in and removed the IHS completely. My H70 now sits directly on the chip itself. This allowed another new all time low in temps. I was gifted a temp of 19c this morning. NINTEEN DEGREES WOOT. Most happy with the results. Heaven 2.5 peaked the card at 49c and four hours of Skyrim (ultra/1080p) ran at a cool 46c. LOVES IT!!!!

Here is the proof, just cause.....you know the saying lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpulows19c.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	507.5 KB 
ID:	4544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpulows19c.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	507.5 KB 
ID:	4544

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2