Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Your chance to request hardware/software forum guides

As the title says. Got a guide request (hardware or software)? This is the thread to make the request in. Can't guarantee we can do everything or the scope of what can be covered, but put your requests here and we'll do our best.

Keep support queries or anything off-topic out of the thread please.

~Raja

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Thank You Raja.
    There are several guides I would like to learn from here.
    1. Tweaking, OC'n Memory. Understanding clocks and settings.
    2. FX-9590 and the CH V F-Z .. Max'd.
    3. Ln2 Guide -- Get'n Froz'n.

Especially #1. .c.

Hi Chrs,

1) On which platform - any specifics? Target audience?

2) Will look into that...

3) Would be one for Vizbo I think...

-Raja

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    1. Tweaking, OC'n Memory. Understanding clocks and settings.
    This would be great!...I have picked up a whole lot of RAM stuff from you of course Raja but spread out over lots of posts....I was wondering if you could explain timings a bit and how to choose timings wisely and what interrelationship exists between them...i.e. why picking some numbers would depend on others...

Maybe basics first post and then successively into the nitty gritty until post 9 means I have to go back to college

If and when you have the time! RVE development comes first of course...and beer...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Henkenator68NL PC Specs
    Henkenator68NL PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5960X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Graphics Card #1R9-290X
    Graphics Card #2R9-290X Matrix Platinum
    Graphics Card #3HD 6970
    Graphics Card #4HD 5970
    MonitorAcer Predator XB720H 144herz 1ms
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 1TB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Watercooled loop
    CaseCooler Master HAFX and Storm Stryker
    Power SupplySeasonic Gold 1250W
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse RAT 7
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Steel series
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I second that Arne.

Thing that maybe doesn't exist at all but bits n part are all here.

Recently did load of comparing 24/7 ocing and the effect (rather lack of) of fans running @ 100% al the time.

Don't take me wrong, I bench a lot, than silence is no issue... Gentle Typhoons @5500 rpm sreaming 80db in my room...

My dream/solution should be ahle to this:

1 Use the suberb Tuning function in FAN XPERT2 tool, also in stand alone version (bench sessions)
    2. Use not only the cpu(+opt), cha1 to cha3, but also the opt_1 opt_3 headers. Yes maybe Iam extreme but I use upto 25 fans, 2 pumps)
    3. Be able to controle not only (a bunch) fans on the controller but also, read and adjust pump speed (at least 35watt per pump header (2 or 3l.
    4. Take advantage of real 4-pins pwm management
    5. Add 5 extra thermal sensors that can be place at will.... AND to be able to links specific fans/header to that sensor. 6. It would be great if you can hook up your pump(s) rpm singnal which translates in actual trhrouhput of liquid ammounts.

The ROG front base... I thought.. Maybe this could be it. But I found its Not offering al mentioned functions yet.

On top of that, if you use a lcd screen that feeds you data:
    consider this a friend off mine is test pilot for the strike fighter. After his first training session he gave me a call. He said Henk, that plain is amazing, my god someone actually had a brilliant idea and implemented that. The cockpit has displays/screens, most show nothing, there black. Why I asked, because nothing is wrong... Brilliant!! No blinky bling, beep, flash or whatever, compleet rest to do your job. And when something needs your attention, only that part shows up. (besides all relevant data that need to be there allways off course).

But the idea is great : a lcd screen, color display, which you can setup similar to the AIDA64 LOGITECH lcd screen support and the on screen Sensor Panel which is fully customizeable. Showing on that what you want/deem important. So far I have used up to 4 pieces of hardware and 2 programs to sort of achieve this..

Any ideas / guides? Well al that in 1 tool/hardware/software combo... Yes please
    Last edited by Henkenator68NL; 05-02-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    This would be great!...I have picked up a whole lot of RAM stuff from you of course Raja but spread out over lots of posts....I was wondering if you could explain timings a bit and how to choose timings wisely and what interrelationship exists between them...i.e. why picking some numbers would depend on others...

Maybe basics first post and then successively into the nitty gritty until post 9 means I have to go back to college

If and when you have the time! RVE development comes first of course...and beer...

I will lay a bit more stuff out in the furture guides (some of it is in there already). It's still going to be complex for the most part as there is a lot of info that ties it all together.

New ROGer Array

Looking for link to firmware update for ROG front Base I have a Maximus VII Hero board and just purchased Front base.

New ROGer Array

hello
    My name is noah, i got my own Asus G750jm.. can you teach me about this laptop. i just bought so many games on steam like gta4, far cry 4, assasin creed black flag, and many more but all of it are just too laggy why???? do i have to over clock or something???? thankyou

ROG Member Array bbaxter18 PC Specs
    bbaxter18 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus IX Formula
    ProcessorIntel 7700K
    Memory (part number)32GB Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 1080TI ROG Poseidon Platinum Edition
    Storage #12x Samsung NVME 250 GB
    Storage #25TB Toshiba x300
    CPU CoolerXSPC Intel Raystorm Copper Edition
    CaseCoolermaster C700P
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova P2 1200W
    Headset/Speakers Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Custom made RGB HD120
    Accessory #2 MCP355 with XSPC Top

Maybe thorough guide on what bios settings mean and details on what each do, cause and effect style. I know that the bios gives a general idea but a more in depth style would be nice. Extreme tweaker has alot of options within it but not alot of explanation for what each itwm will do or cause.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array grassy PC Specs
    grassy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS
    MotherboardRAMPAGE 4 BLACK/RIG 2 RAMPAGE FORMULA
    Processor3960X/ RIG 2 4820k
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 TI STRIX OC
    Graphics Card #2RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Graphics Card #3RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Sound CardAUZENTECH 7.1 XFI DTSMA
    MonitorDELL U3011/RIG 2 VIEWSONIC MONITOR
    Storage #1480GIG/360GIG/250GIG SSD
    Storage #2RIG 2 180GIG SSD
    CPU CoolerHEATKILLER PRO WATERBLOCK/RIG 2 CORSAIR H105
    CaseIN-WIN 909/1 COOLERMASTER WHITE STRYKER CASES/IN-WIN 909
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AX1200/ RIG 2 CORSAIR HX750
    Keyboard 2 G19'S
    Mouse 2 G9 LASER
    Mouse Pad RIG 2 STRYK X
    Headset/Speakers RIG 2 TWO B&W COMPUTER SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 HOME/RIG 2 WIN 7 PRO

Just a question,is there a complete guide to setting up a gaming pc from start to finish?.I mean from the install of Windows right through to starting up your game covering everything from what software is needed and what to stay away from including pointless windows updates that are totally not needed.Also including anything that can conflict with the running of a game and hinder its performance with links all in the 1 thread by someone who is fully experienced at this.It would also be a great thread for people's contributions to what works and what does not for gaming only.I for one am very inexperienced compared to many on this forum and would learn a heap from an idea like this.Its a lot of work I know, but it would be a huge benefit to this forum and may even attract more people.There are so many things that go into setting up a gaming pc that can contribute to a successful rig for gaming and there are a lot of things that the pc gamer does not realise that needs to be done and they are mainly the little things that people overlook.I think to when it comes to gaming there is an order in which things should be setup and I think it matters especially when installing a simple video card driver.This is just a thought I had today when installing windows on a new machine as problems can arise as soon as Windows start updating and an Internet connection is established.Thanks for listening guys as this is just a thought.
    FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast