cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Bios 209 Discussion

CruiserX
Level 7
Guys/gals those who have upgraded to 209.....
please post changes you notice after the upgrade.
Also post any known issue fixed..
9 REPLIES 9

kidfromhell
Level 9
I couldn't find any visible changes. Might be something under the hood optimizations.

I was on 207 and went direct to 209, so now my CPU operates fine on battery power.

I haven't noticed anything else, good or bad.

I am running a video driver direct from Nvidia, not the latest, but close. It continues to operate normally.
ASUS G750JX-TB71

• CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
  • Screen: 17.3' Full HD Matte Screen @ 100Hz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz. RAM 2x8
  • Storage: 500GB SSD 850 EVO + 750GB HDD @ 7200rpm
  • TC: IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU

getjohnalive
Level 7
updated to BIOS 209 and everything are working as normal. I see no changes...

Thestroj
Level 8
I dont know if my problems are releated to the 209 verison or not.

My laptop boots to the password screen in about 12-15 seconds. After i enter the password (PIN number) laptop need like a min to get into desktop and then another min or two to load all of my programs. i have LOADS of them.

When i enter my PIN number the screen goes black and after 5 second i see the Password screen with the loading message on it.
At first i thought its the Nvidia drivers again. I changed them back to asus's drivers.... no change...

I still cant confirm what is causing this... i will get my ssd and ram in couple of days, i will restore my win8 then and then migrate the win8 to the ssd, i will report then if this are different, cause i will be having an fresh install with ni programs and with defualt drivers and settings so i can compare and test drivers, programs and bios version...

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
The only change I see is that it fixed a WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) issue in Windows 8.1. This may have resolved some problems with drivers were not passing or being recognized as being digitally signed/verified.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Kantm
Level 7
anybody got slow shutdown / restart time with 209?

Don't have problems with the shutdown time, only with increased boot time.

I've had some issues with wi-fi since the upgrade. Basically once the laptop goes to sleep, wi-fi doesn't seem to come back on properly for 2-3 minutes. I end up connecting and disconnecting to the same network 3-4 times before it works. Other than that no change.

sevymar
Level 7
Good this question has been asked already because i am thinking what to do aswell.
I currently have the 207 and everything is running fine with fast response times & low temps etc.

I see "flashing" the bios as one of the more dangerous updates so i rather try to stick to the default aslong everything works just fine.
Perhaps when i notice tremendous difference in speed or so i might consider doing a bios update.