cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quiet Air Cooler without RAM limitation

EasyLover
Level 8
Dear members,

I'm using maximus VI Formula with i7 4770. RAM is 32GB Kit from Corsair Dominator Platinum with their beautiful aluminium heat sinks/spreaders. I'm looking for air cooler which can fit in my system without having me remove aluminium spreaders/sinks and is quiet in operations. If possible maintain my system's red color scheme (though RAM Kit does not match it but it is worth of the sacrifice).

GPU is GTX 660

I've checked Noctua, Thermaltake, Cooler Master etc but none of the checked models seem to come fit in my criteria. Anyone using such cooler as I require may pl send me link.
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!
17 REPLIES 17

Yeah, the evo is a solid choice, and to maintain your color scheme, I would get one of those sp120mm from Corsair..

chrsplmr
Level 18
Think about the H100i .. although it has a white corsair light [arrrgh!!!] it allows the
clearance you desire and is generally better than Any air cooler.

Welcome to ROG. .c.

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
@chrsplmr - I read that, through the included software, you can change the color of the light on the H100i?

Either way, I agree - water is the way to go for cool and quiet.

According to the manufacturer compatibility guide, the Noctua NH-D14 should fit if you'd be willing to sacrifice the top fins on your memory heat sinks. I understand you don't want to do that, but with a lot of those big air coolers, you're not going to see the RAM anyway.

Additionally, while I don't work for them, I am a staunch proponent for Noctua's products; so, I must admit a little bias. Everything they make just looks so clean, and performs to boot.

Dr. Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
@chrsplmr - I read that, through the included software, you can change the color of the light on the H100i?

I'd love to know how.

@chrsplmr You need to install Corsair Link, (The USB header cable) and download the software. Once downloaded you can configure the LED.

Reckless wrote:
@chrsplmr You need to install Corsair Link, (The USB header cable) and download the software. Once downloaded you can configure the LED.

done and done. It doesn't work that way. There are set ups for the led alerts but not to change and leave it say RED.
Unless someone knows how to ... I haven't figured it out yet. It still laughs at me with its white face. .c.

chrsplmr wrote:
I'd love to know how.

I'll do a little more research, and I admit I lay be confusing it with another kit (my only experience to date is with custom loops, and that not much).

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
I'll do a little more research, and I admit I lay be confusing it with another kit (my only experience to date is with custom loops, and that not much).

You might be thinking of the H105.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me