cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMDA00 Interface Driver Problem

shakawkaw
Level 7
Hello,

Been searching about this issue and most of what I found says to ignore the error or uninstal AI Suite. But I don't use AI Suite and I'd gladly ignore it if wasn't for the computer freezing every time it enters windows, sometimes I have to wait for like 1 minute to open the start menu. Besides it was working wonderful until today, the only change I've made was installing msi afterburner beta version which I uninstalled again.
I also tried to delete the driver but it comes back after restart, also tried to change the service Driver Foundation to automatic, but the freezing continues and the driver gets an exclamation point.
No idea what else to do.... Can someone help?

Error with the driver installed correctly: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.

When I change the service to Automatic I get this one: The device AMDA00 Interface (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

I'm using windows 7 - 64bits
I7 4771
8GB DDR3
ASUS Z87-A
Gigabyte GTX770 OC 4Gb
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
OCZ 750w
27 REPLIES 27

HiVizMan
Level 40
Which of the ASUS software did you install from the DVD or the product support page?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Z87-A BIOS 1707
Intel(R) Management Engine Interface V9.5.14.1724 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel Chipset Driver V9.4.0.1017 for Windows 7 32/64bit & Windows 8 32/64bit.(WHQL)
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7023 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Realtek LAN Driver V7.67.1226.2012 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel USB3.0 Controller Driver V2.5.0.19 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
ASUS_AMDA00_ACPI for Windows 7 32/64bit & Windows 8 32/64bit & Windows 8.1 32/64bit.
Intel Smart Connect Technology Software V4.2.40.2439 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.
Intel Rapid Start Technology Software V3.0.0.1056 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.

No idea if this is needed:
Intel(R) AHCI/RAID Driver for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.

Also theres another ACPI Driver on the list, no idea if a older driver would work.
Or try to install ai suite and uninstall it... really no idea what else to do...

The freezing is worse if I try to enter My Computer properties just after entering windows, but sometimes just to try to click any program in the start menu freezes everything for a while... all the start menu just freeze and the taskbar

HiVizMan
Level 40
Most of that stuff you installed is not needed - remove the smart connect and see if that helps.

You can try installing AIsuite and then removing it - at the minute you have nothing to loose. It does sound like your OS is corrupted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Brand new install, since day 17 this month, like 3 days ago...

You said corrupted as in make a new install? or there are any other troubleshoot I could make? or just return the board...

shakawkaw
Level 7
Yeah, didn't worked...
this is what happens... really weird and annoying with a config like this...
Corrupted as in, fresh install? omg 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
I know it is a nightmare.

You on WIndows 7 I see. Tell me is this a brand new OS for this motherboard or an older one?

shakawkaw
Level 7
Gonna make a fresh install... got like three bsods in like 5 minutes. The mini dump says it was nvlddmkm and ntoskrnl... now it looks stable on the bluescreen end but still getting the freezing problem.
At least I hope I can narrow it down to one component cause if its an hardware problem will send it to rma 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah that is VGA related my friend.

Your graphic driver is giving you the issue.

Intel Chipset Driver V9.4.0.1017 for Windows 7 32/64bit & Windows 8 32/64bit.(WHQL)
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7023 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Realtek LAN Driver V7.67.1226.2012 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel USB3.0 Controller Driver V2.5.0.19 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)

This is all you need to install.

Its weird though, cause I can play everything maxed, and it only happens after windows startup, one time only every boot. Also I've made a fresh vga driver install and the freezing continued, I'm using the latest nvidia drivers.

Anyway, I installed 7 with uefi now, gonna make a driver by driver install with reboots and afterwards if everything is still ok, gonna make slowly upgrades to windows to see if something is messing the system.

By now everything looks ok, no freezing or bsods.