cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW CPU Temperatures- how hot is too hot?

finalhour
Level 11
Hey,

So I don't game on my G75VW, but I do use it for a lot of photo-editing with Photoshop Lightroom 5. Often, when I'm exporting my photos from the program, my CPU temperatures jump to the mid-upper 60's (Celsius)--I don't think I've hit above 70, but I'm not sure.

Is this ok--will it lead to my G75VW dieing earlier than it should? My graphics card is fine, it stays around 50 C or lower when I'm working, and the CPU is normally around 50-55 C as well, sometimes lower.

I do have my warranty still, but only until late May. I really don't want to RMA if I can avoid it because I've seen other people have issues with ASUS fixing one problem, and screwing up something else so that it has a new issue when it comes back. I don't want that--in addition I have my SSD in it and I am not going to wipe my system just so they can re-paste the CPU.

So yeah, based on the above, are my temps ok, or should I RMA, and if I do RMA, how do I ensure it isn't screwed up by ASUS (sorry to the support guys on here, I've seen ASUS RMA before though and had my own issues on past notebooks).

Thanks,

nate
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well maybe a little high. What do you get under 100% stress test if your pasting is going bad it should show up in a stress test. I use Burn In Test I'm sure there are other programs out there. My CPU under full 100% stress only got up to the low 80's on a 15 minute run.
My Ambient temp here 24C my CPU Idles around 40C and works up to 60's working hard normally it never get much over 50's. I don't game so can't help you there.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Pitcher1
Level 9
are you hear your fan sound to loud, seem like speed fast? i think you temp is ok. no need to RMA.