ROG Member Array

Unable to Boot to Hard drive [solved]

I have the g750 jx .I had changed setting previously in bios to install an ssd.Now that I've had it installed working well for a while I figured I'd restore to defaults bios.After I did that I cannot boot to hard drives.hard drives do not even show in boot menu.However if I go to advanced sata mode selection I can see them.
    Please help!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Try to reset BIOS again and reboot your laptop...

ROG Member Array

I tried restoring to defaults powered on off removed battery etc still will not show in boot options.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Prostar Computer's Avatar

If you're running in UEFI then you will see the Windows Boot Manager in the boot options, rather than a hard drive model. You set the hard drive boot priority in the BBS priority options.
    We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

ROG Member Array

Enabled launch csm and then enabled launch pxe Romans it's working now thanks!

New ROGer Array

what is your BIOS version, please update to new one, and set ACH in BIOS.

ROG Member Array

I have the latest 208

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by snipestech View Post
    I have the g750 jx .I had changed setting previously in bios to install an ssd.Now that I've had it installed working well for a while I figured I'd restore to defaults bios.After I did that I cannot boot to hard drives.hard drives do not even show in boot menu.However if I go to advanced sata mode selection I can see them.
    Please help!
    snipestech, the purpose of resetting to Defaults in the BIOS is to clear the CMOS settings between BIOS updates, as sometimes the new BIOS will have trouble reading the settings of the previous BIOS correctly.

Resetting to Defaults sets up the new BIOS with compatible Default settings as a base to configure BIOS options, like the ones you set previously - you have to manually set them again in each BIOS page for each option you had previously set.

You probably cleared the options you had set to accommodate your SSD. It looks like you figured this out and set the options back

The PXE option is for booting from a network install server, and has nothing to do with booting off local devices. Here are some nice descriptions of PXE booting - I use it to install Linux/Solaris/testing.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/...dx_pxeboot.htm

http://pxe.dev.aboveaverageurl.com/i...hp/PXE_Booting

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m...ktopfiles.aspx

I guess it doesn't do much harm at home, and even in a PXE boot environment it won't do anything, except show up in the local boot server logs - with your MAC address show as looking for a boot server - the boot/install server won't actually respond to the PXE requests from your laptop unless it's unique MAC address is configure into the boot/install server - but it is completely unnecessary so you might as well disable PXE booting in the G750 BIOS